After the HSC marks and UAI (1 Viewer)

harmanksaini

HSC
abbashussein said:
Thnx alot :D

damn, so my chances of a UAI greter tahn 90 are gone coz i go 2 a scool not even ranked in the 250 :(
aww naa.. dont lose hope.. just try your hardest... and hope that you do better than everyone else! :D

abbashussein

'06 Graduate
HSC
webby234 said:
Not necessarily - there will usually be a few people from those schools who get over 90. The only reason the school rank matters is because your internal assessment mark takes into account that you are competing against different students at a top school to one of the lower schools. However, there are people who get brilliant marks going to a poorly ranked school. You'd probably want to be top ten in most subjects to get over 90 though, while someone at a selective school (competing against more acadamic students) would only need to ranked around the middle.

f3nr15 - we should get a letter soon. Internet is at http://studentsonline.nsw.edu.au and our school ranks are there from the end of the hsc exams so we can check they're correct.

ok kool thnx alot for correcting my response to f3nr15

also thnx 4 the rankings thing, though 1 more question, if i am ranked in top 5 for everythng but 22/24 in eng, will that at least get me over 88?

harmanksaini

HSC
webby234 said:
Not necessarily - there will usually be a few people from those schools who get over 90. The only reason the school rank matters is because your internal assessment mark takes into account that you are competing against different students at a top school to one of the lower schools. However, there are people who get brilliant marks going to a poorly ranked school. You'd probably want to be top ten in most subjects to get over 90 though, while someone at a selective school (competing against more acadamic students) would only need to ranked around the middle.

f3nr15 - we should get a letter soon. Internet is at http://studentsonline.nsw.edu.au and our school ranks are there from the end of the hsc exams so we can check they're correct.
Thanks!!! i had no idea myself

abbashussein

'06 Graduate
HSC
harmanksaini said:
aww naa.. dont lose hope.. just try your hardest... and hope that you do better than everyone else! :D

lhahaha thnx alot harmanksaini, i just wished that every1 got the UAI they wanted and deserved, but in a way i dont thnk i deserve such a great mark, i am relatively lazy compared to that state, hahahaah

harmanksaini

HSC
abbashussein said:
lhahaha thnx alot harmanksaini, i just wished that every1 got the UAI they wanted and deserved, but in a way i dont thnk i deserve such a great mark, i am relatively lazy compared to that state, hahahaah
lol.. dont be so sure... its the hsc and im treating them like theyre some year 7 tests... lolz.. call me harman.. "harmanksaini" soundz like my mum when she yells at me... 'k' is the middle name... what course are u thinking of doing? dont say medicine, or il have no sympathy for u

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Hm... I thought you got the HSC mark and the UAI on the same day... Guess I have a lot to learn =D Got a year till HSC~~

abbashussein

'06 Graduate
HSC
it is advanced english, and i am 22 of 24 students, however i thnk about 3 marks differentiate ranks 15-23 and about 4 marks between 7-14, so all in all, we are very clolsely ranked.

harmanksaini

HSC
Chiisora said:
Hm... I thought you got the HSC mark and the UAI on the same day... Guess I have a lot to learn =D Got a year till HSC~~
aww thats heaps lucky!! STUDY now!! trust me, dun slack off... HSC becomes hell when it meets lazyness.... 4 days to go.. and its alllll over... 1 year + 4 days for you... good luck :D

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
webby234 said:

Students Online is only available to year 12 students

:(

abbashussein

'06 Graduate
HSC
harmanksaini said:
lol.. dont be so sure... its the hsc and im treating them like theyre some year 7 tests... lolz.. call me harman.. "harmanksaini" soundz like my mum when she yells at me... 'k' is the middle name... what course are u thinking of doing? dont say medicine, or il have no sympathy for u
not really sure, i wna do anythng to help peoples lifes easier, and my stongest field is maths and chem so i am not really sure yet, yourself?

harmanksaini

HSC
abbashussein said:
it is advanced english, and i am 22 of 24 students, however i thnk about 3 marks differentiate ranks 15-23 and about 4 marks between 7-14, so all in all, we are very clolsely ranked.
what?!?! 24 people do advanced????? are there heaps of people doing standard or are there less people in your grade??

harmanksaini

HSC
abbashussein said:
what?!?! 24 people do advanced????? are there heaps of people doing standard or are there less people in your grade??

harmanksaini

HSC
abbashussein said:
not really sure, i wna do anythng to help peoples lifes easier, and my stongest field is maths and chem so i am not really sure yet, yourself?

ohh... that sounds so cute... well really, everything u can do will make peoples life easier... business makes consumers life easier.. accountants make businesses life easier... doctors keep the accountants healthy... sick people keep doctors well paid... hehehe keeps going... im going for bachelor of accounting at UTS next year... *need my 95+ UAI* :(

abbashussein

'06 Graduate
HSC
Chiisora said:
Congrats :D

best advice i can give you and any1 else is to read what your are going 2 learn the next day, and revise what you learnt in that day if you understand what i mean.

also do he dot points as you go, that way when you have a few exams and assessments, you already have notes prepared.

Goodluck :D

harmanksaini

HSC
abbashussein said:
lol we have 143 studnets in year 12, so id say that 119 peaple do standard
whoaaaa... hehehe.. at my school.. its so "embarrasing" to do standard (selective mentality.. sheesh)... but some people aren't good at the course, so they are forced too... and this guy threatened to jump out of a window if the teachers made him... hehehehehe... but 119!!!! whoaaaaaaa, out of 140 people.. about 10 do standard

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
webby234 said:
You sure - you did a subject this year though? I was able to get into it last year. You have your student number and the pin which was sent to you don't you?

Abbashussein - it may not bring you down so much then.
I'm doing the HSC next year i.e 2007 ... I remember my student number from the SC though ....

harmanksaini said:
whoaaaa... hehehe.. at my school.. its so "embarrasing" to do standard (selective mentality.. sheesh)... but some people aren't good at the course, so they are forced too... and this guy threatened to jump out of a window if the teachers made him... hehehehehe... but 119!!!! whoaaaaaaa, out of 140 people.. about 10 do standard
Don't diss the English Standard cohort. An English Standard student can laugh if he/she outperforms a member of the Advanced, but not the other way around. English Standard is the best, I came 8th in my year because they're all n00bs.

Last edited:

abbashussein

'06 Graduate
HSC
harmanksaini said:
ohh... that sounds so cute... well really, everything u can do will make peoples life easier... business makes consumers life easier.. accountants make businesses life easier... doctors keep the accountants healthy... sick people keep doctors well paid... hehehe keeps going... im going for bachelor of accounting at UTS next year... *need my 95+ UAI* :(

lol, well life isnt that flash for som1 such as myself, so i gotta make it better for others. i was thnking of doing politics coz we dont really have any good politicians atm.

Goodluck with you UAI over 95 :D, i wish i was anywhere near that lol.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
webby234 said:
We don't have any out of 144 - no one was allowed to do it, but yeah selective thing as well.

Ah ok f3nr15 - why are you worried about it yet then?
You know how important the HSC is ? If you do, wouldn't you be sweating to recieve your results as soon as possible ?

abbashussein

'06 Graduate
HSC
webby234 said:
We don't have any out of 144 - no one was allowed to do it, but yeah selective thing as well.

Ah ok f3nr15 - why are you worried about it yet then?
apparently <1% of Standard Students in the state get a band 6, where as in advanced has 8% in 2005.
but i am not 100% sure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)