After uni offers have been made (1 Viewer)

Gubble

i was wondering....say u got a high enough uai to do any of the preferences u put down...is it possible to choose to do ur second preference instead of ur first preference?...or do u have to do ur first preference?

T

tactic

you can decline an offer and go into the 2nd 3rd and final round of offers..

is there a 3rd? not sure..
i know there a few rounds

BUT

some unis will only give offers in the main round, and not give any after.. i know UTS did this last year

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
You can get two offers per round - one for a HECS course and one for a fee-paying course.

If you think you might want to choose your second or third preferences over your first, make up your mind and put that preference first instead.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
yes,
because if u decline that offer for your first preference, instead u'd have to apply for a late-round offer for youe 2nd or 3rd preference, and more likely than not, the cut-off might end up exceeding your UAI, since its much more competitive for places in the late-round

swr

Originally posted by Gubble
i was wondering....say u got a high enough uai to do any of the preferences u put down...is it possible to choose to do ur second preference instead of ur first preference?...or do u have to do ur first preference?
Well you can change your preferences for free AFTER you get your UAI, so once you see what you get, work out what u wanna do and put it as No. 1!....EASY!!

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
The whole idea of having 'preferences' is that you pick which courses you would prefer to do, and order them - that way, it doesn't matter what UAI you get, you'll get an offer for the highest-ranked you're eligible for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)