• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

AH! Is approx. 9 days enough!? (1 Viewer)

A

Apricot-Angel

The School Certificate exams are getting closer, and are in about a weeks time...

Do you think in this amount of time that I can get a substantial amount of studying done to be prepared for the exams...? :confused: Or is it more about Quality rather then quantity?

Personally, how many days/weeks do you guys prepare for exams such as the S.C?

morganforrest

HSC
Depends how smart you are...if you've paid attention in class all year don't bother doing any....if a cabbage has a higher IQ, start now

I got 6's and didn't do any
The School Certificate is truly the easiest exam you will ever it...written for the lowest common denominator

D347H574R

Liverpudlian
HSC
What results did you get on your trials?
You should really only bother studying if you went really bad on the trials or if you're dropping out at the end of this year.

A

Apricot-Angel

D347H574R said:
What results did you get on your trials?
You should really only bother studying if you went really bad on the trials or if you're dropping out at the end of this year.
Ah, well on my trials I got 80's for Science, Geography and History, 78 for English and for Maths...well, I did bad...Like 68%? :mad1:

Well, I got scared 'cause my Deputy Principal was full-on telling us students about how we should be studying really hard for these exams because it's our "first official paper" and how we're on the brink of it's too late ..He also said if you sit for that exam without doing sufficient preparation, then you're going to regret it as soon as you look at it ! :eek: (Yes, he's evil.. =C )

D347H574R

Liverpudlian
HSC
Yea I've had the same lectures.. From what I gather basically they try to scare you into studying so by the time you get to year 11 and 12 you're used to doing it.
But as has been said many times before, you'll get band 4-5's easily without out studying unless you're dumber than a cabbage..

morganforrest

HSC
Apricot-Angel said:
Ah, well on my trials I got 80's for Science, Geography and History, 78 for English and for Maths...well, I did bad...Like 68%? :mad1:

Well, I got scared 'cause my Deputy Principal was full-on telling us students about how we should be studying really hard for these exams because it's our "first official paper" and how we're on the brink of it's too late ..He also said if you sit for that exam without doing sufficient preparation, then you're going to regret it as soon as you look at it ! :eek: (Yes, he's evil.. =C )
He's lying...you will get high Band 5's...possibly 6's in the SC doing a bit of study the night before.
They always try to scare you

HSC
If you're worried about it, just read over your books and do a few practice questions for maths. It's not necessary to study but you'll probably feel more confident if you do.

But 9 days, lol, I've never studied that far in advance. :p

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Even if you didn't study, my opinion is that if you have any decent intelligence, then it's not possible for you to get lower than Band 5 in any subject.

toby12

HSC
mm I went alright in my trials except for maths i got like 60%.. and highest in my year was 81. hopefully SC maths paper is alot easier.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
9 days? Dude, you don't even need 9 minutes of study in order to do well in the SC. Relax, go out, watch a movie. Just don't waste your time and pick up a text book.

ProtoStrategist

HSC
9 days should b more than enough..but assuming u actually put in quality time studying...remember n understand the concepts 2 each subject n u should b fine..dun stress out..dis is nothing comparing 2 the HSC

ilovessfc

HSC
I got 97% in GEO and HIS an 90% in English without doing anything. In maths i got 71% :p

I'm not gonna study, just read over some notes in history (singular events- remember to memorise the timeline events happened in! Ie, petrov affair, vietanm war... pretty easy but its always in the SC) and do a couple of maths papers.

DON'T STRESS!

The dumbest girl last year to do the SC got a Band 3, so it just goes to show.

Smithereens

HSC
ilovessfc said:
I'm not gonna study, just read over some notes in history (singular events- remember to memorise the timeline events happened in! Ie, petrov affair, vietanm war... pretty easy but its always in the SC) and do a couple of maths papers.
lulz

PrettyVacant

HSC
BLUDGE BLUDGE BLUDGE SERIOUSLY.

I LOVED TERM 4 of YEAR 10. Seriously the best time of my life.

Well, sort of. Just relax.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
It's up to you if want to study. If you want to study, do so. If not, don't.

PrettyVacant said:
BLUDGE BLUDGE BLUDGE SERIOUSLY.

I LOVED TERM 4 of YEAR 10. Seriously the best time of my life.

Well, sort of. Just relax.
Term 4 does end early for Year 10s :)

K

katie_tully

Kids are so much more dedicated these days. I didn't study for my SC.
Meh. 9 days is plenty. The SC is to 16 year olds what the HSC is to alcoholic 18 year olds. You get in there and it's nowhere near as bad as you were expecting.

SC is easy. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)