Akhenaten Building Program (1 Viewer)

garousse

HSC
Question:
Evaluate the building program of Akhenaten

Im trying to 'evaluate' but im not sure whether the program was valuable or not.
Im going to write about East Karnak and the temples Gem pa-aten, rewed-menu, teni-menu and hewet-benben and mention the use of talatat blocks and sunk-relief decoration but im not sure of what my evaluation will be.

I mean using talatat blocks and sunk-relief decoration was time effective and innovative but considering that his work was torn down by successors, was his building program valuable??

Help please. Im confused. Thankyou

X

xeuyrawp

Question:
Evaluate the building program of Akhenaten

Im trying to 'evaluate' but im not sure whether the program was valuable or not.
Im going to write about East Karnak and the temples Gem pa-aten, rewed-menu, teni-menu and hewet-benben and mention the use of talatat blocks and sunk-relief decoration but im not sure of what my evaluation will be.

I mean using talatat blocks and sunk-relief decoration was time effective and innovative but considering that his work was torn down by successors, was his building program valuable??

Help please. Im confused. Thankyou
His use of talatat blocks is certainly time effective and innovative as you say. Why does the fact that his successors tore his buildings down detract from it?

They had a problem with his religious and political beliefs, not his buildings.

It sounds like you're on the right path, just mention that Akhenaten would have been much more influential had he not changed the religion and caused upset. I personally reckon a lot of his innovations (talatat blocks as an example) would have caught on had he not been damned and all of that.

expertdkx

B.IT Network Security
HSC
Uni Grad
makes ur life easier...
draw up a table with 1 coloumn states the positves and the other states negs.
if u want i got a ppt made for my presentation u can msn me for it;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)