All-level English tutor looking for 2-3 students (1 Viewer)

gia32

HSC
N/A
Hello everyone!

My name is Gia and I am an honours graduate with a BA in journalism, and two submajors in television and print. I graduated with a Distinction average for my BA, and a High Distinction average in my Honours year. In high school, I took Advanced English, Extension English, and Extension 2 English. It's safe to say - I love English! Writing and reading are two of my biggest passions in life. I believe the first step to doing well at any one subject or activity is to develop an appreciation for it, and so I like to encourage my students to enjoy what they're doing, and not see reading, critiquing, writing, or editing as work.

Experience
I have about three years of tutoring experience that I gained with a company before becoming a private tutor. I like to focus what free time I have on giving detailed feedback on written work and helping students prepare comprehensive notes for exams, so I limit myself to only a few students at a time, and sometimes only one. That one student stayed with me from the end of Year 10 to the end of Year 12. Please be reassured that I will only start tutoring once I've familiarised myself completely with all the relevant texts. If you require tutoring on supplementary texts, I am more than happy to read them too as long as you provide the details in advance and give me at least a few working days to analyse it myself.

Details
Here are some general things I like to do with my students:
- offer tutoring via Skype when students are pressed for time
- building a clear, concise, and intelligible argumentative voice for essay writing
- interactive exercises and write-ups for the creative components
- providing feedback on written work with tracking and comments where appropriate
- working on improving and/or refining students' writing style and grammar
- paragraph work and structuring exercises that involve weekly essay plans
- vocal exercises in preparation for viva voce or oral presentations

Of course these might not all apply but we can arrange a study plan according to your needs.

Where?
Ultimo or depending on where you are I can come to you

Pricing
$50*/hour in person
$40/hour via Skype

*For students in Years 11-12

If you are interested or have any questions, please feel free to contact me on ggialee@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)