Allan Border Medal 2005 (1 Viewer)

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Do you think that Michael Clarke deserved the award? Don't get me wrong, hes an awesome batsman in both forms of the game and really in any position. But i rekon hes 2 young and hasnt had enough experience.

Look at the other playaz who have won it - gilchrist, ponting, hayden, mcgrath etc etc..

If it wasnt for the media having wet dreams over michael clarke, damien martin wouldda won it which would have been beta since hes played really well, especially in India (being the backbone of the win over there) and in the one day games also.

Wat do uz rekon?

slip

HSC
you cant say he doesnt deserve it

his team mates also voted him pretty close to marto

the award is not about how old you are, and not about how much expierence you have had. it is who played the best through out the year. i will admit clarke was advantaged by the publicity.

but he was disadvantage because he missed out on the first 5 tests of the year he still beat marto. so if he had played all he may have one by a clearer margin.

the fact that marto probably wont be around for aslong as clarke and therefore wont get as many more chances to win is not part of the cirterea for the award.

fact is clarke won it, let him enjoy it he deserved it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)