• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

alternative entry (1 Viewer)

rconn

HSC
hello, i was wondering if anyone can help me with this problem. I don't think i will get entry into my desired course, which is a bachelor of arts: dip ed at macquarie university. however im pretty sure i can get into a bachelor of science: dip ed.

my options are:
non-award study; pay for a year (technically half a yr's units to a max of 6) units, of which i can do units in which i will be using. (i can probably do 3 a semester, so ill have to make 2 up or take another semester.) and i can automatically xfer into macq's bachelor of arts next yr and take on the dipEd.

go into the bachelor of science and get my credit average (hopefully, but im sure i can do it), and transfer up. two issues with this method:

1. you get told on the non-award / macquarie helpsheet that it isnt a 100% guarantee you will be able to transfer up, even with the marks. can anyone tell me what the actual chances are?

2. i dont know if ill be stuck doing units that i dont want to use for my degree (im doing secondary and i want to major in two things, so no real room for electives.) Can i just do the TEP and EDU units and do other available units that arent part of the Bsc course; (i.e. not maths or science units, more like english and language ones) and if i transfer ill be able to use them in my real degree!

i suppose i dont mind non-award study, its just that firstly im paying a bit more for it and secondly im not doing a full years worth of work, which will either make my later years in my degree harder or longer. I'm also sure i can swing a cred average if i can take up language, because the one i will be doing, ive done in the past so i should be able to rip up the intro- level units for it. (ive seen the textbook)

so my questions are, whats my chances to transfer up if i get those marks and can i do other units (to count as electives) in my first year and ignore the science/maths ones? THANKS!

(still praying i just get into the bA and not the bsC but it seems doubtful at the moment.)

rconn

HSC
i realise double post but oh well, i got in to my bA somehow so no worries! love u long time bored of studies! low posts but long time reader :) thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)