• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Alternatives 2 achiveing 95+ UAI (1 Viewer)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
melsc said:
What are the other alternatives for entrance to Combined Law bsides the 95+ UAI...is there anything you can do to get in?
UWS, UOW, UNC Combined Law degrees are all in the low 90s. :)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Well to get a UAI over 95 you can pick a shitload of high scaling subjects and go well in them (over 88% in all of them) OR you can get over 80% in all subjects but over 95% in two subjects. That will also probably get you over 95.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
I think UNE has an early entrance - principal's recommendation scheme

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
You can try transferring after one year of uni, but it's still very competitive. You could also have a go at TAFE and then go for direct entry to uni with advanced standing. Ask your careers advisor.

Generator

HSC
N/A
You could be realistic? (sorry, but it had to be said).

santaslayer

HSC
Also you could try the Diploma in Law from the LPAB.

Frigid...I don''t think UoW will be below 95.00 anymore starting from next year. :p

Generator

HSC
N/A
I just meant that perhaps you should broaden your horizons...

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
To be honest you've got much less chance getting into Law straight out of school with a UAI below 95.00. It wouldn't be a bad idea to consider doing another degree first, with the possible aim of entering Graduate Law. The course is only four years and if you do some law subjects as electives in your first degree you will usually get credit for them.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yeah, do a combined degree and then grad. law. I've always thought that has the potential to be a better route...

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
santaslayer said:
Also you could try the Diploma in Law from the LPAB.

Frigid...I don''t think UoW will be below 95.00 anymore starting from next year. :p
i somw how think it will, lol

UOW is just too far away with such crappy admin

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I remember last year when people were saying "oh oh Wollongong will be more than 91, I reckon it'll be 93 or 95!" - you were all wrong. It won't happen. Not to mention Wollongong's "3 points of bribe" which means the UAI will effectively be 91 for the majority of people who want to go there (locals) instead of the 88 it is now.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Go to UNE-its lower and they have Principals recommendation. Or, you could join the Navy of Air Force. The Army don't offer Law :'-(

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
since when does the navy/air force offer law?

santaslayer

HSC
Ziff said:
I remember last year when people were saying "oh oh Wollongong will be more than 91, I reckon it'll be 93 or 95!" - you were all wrong. It won't happen. Not to mention Wollongong's "3 points of bribe" which means the UAI will effectively be 91 for the majority of people who want to go there (locals) instead of the 88 it is now.
Didn't I explain this before in another thread? The majority of people (locals) who get in with an 88.00 tend to leave the course after first session. :uhhuh:

Oh yeah, UoW rockz! :p

Ribbon

ANUs cutoff is listed at 95.00 but they let alot of people in underneath it. If you submit a letter to them by Jan 5 (I think - check your UAC guide) stating your motivation and aptitiude to study law they might let you in with anything 90+ depending on other ppls written submissions. Also try seeing if you can get in on an EAS application - like if your families poor, you live in a rural area, have a disability ect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)