• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Am I allowed to do Crime Fiction??? (1 Viewer)

Valupatitta

HSC
I REALLY REALLY wanna do crime fiction!!! but since theres an elective on crime fiction in english ext 1 (which im not doing:S), does it still matter? Can i still do it??

If not then I'll have to stick with something boring like historical story, which i dont have much interest in... :(

Hysterik

HSC
Yeah, of course you are! They prefer when you can link the the syllabus anyway. Heaps of people do pomo stories, and that's also an Ext 1 topic. Have fun...

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Valupatitta said:
I REALLY REALLY wanna do crime fiction!!! but since theres an elective on crime fiction in english ext 1 (which im not doing:S), does it still matter? Can i still do it??

If not then I'll have to stick with something boring like historical story, which i dont have much interest in... :(
I did my Ext 2 major work this year based on Crime Fiction. You actually need to do it based on another english course in either advanced of ext 1, so its great that your doing crime fiction. Give me a PM if you need some help or tips this year.

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Its ok though they do prefer when the link to one of your other English courses is slightly less subtle then i direct link such as this, but i can't see anyone objecting to your choice though.

HSC
A Very Original Detective Story
by Amelia Schmidt received a 50 in 2005 and was in the Young Writers Showcase thing.
So yah, CF is fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)