• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

am i fucking up real bad???? :( (1 Viewer)

bitchymcbitch

Uni Bum
HSC
am i fucking up here something shocking??
im doing
chem
gen maths
adv eng
eng ext
music
CAFS
and possibly ext 2 eng

am i being really stupid and doin 12 units??
ext 2 would be really really good to do.. what gets a good mark and how hard is it??

Saul

*ss
HSC
i would definitely reccomend 12 units. For me, i fucked up two unit english fairly hard, and having 12 units really helped me. Besides, you can always drop them later on.

chip

HSC
hey i did pretty similar subjects and had 12 units and i dont find it too bad

your finished extension 2 and music before all the other tests so for the actual HSC you can concentrate on other stuff like chem

you just have to work on 4 unit all year not just in the last month and you'll be fine

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Yes, I did 10 units, and looking back, I think it mightve been wise to keep Modern History as back up units cos I've screwed 3u and 4u eng pretty hard. If you think you can keep up, then by all means, do ext2 eng. If you plan your time wisely and dont procrastinate you should be fine.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
12 units with music beingmy buffer :D

chip

HSC
music is my buffer too but i hope it doesnt get counted now

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
i recommand ext 2 eng to those who are good with time maangement and genuinely likes english or english-related activites eg: writing short stories etc. I found my past skills in website designing and luv for literary theory really fused well, and looking back, the only thing i wold change is my time managmenet, other than that, ext 2 eng is weell worth it. on the other note, 12 units is v wise, because you have the option of droping units if some subjects dont work out for it, that is if you dont do 4 subjects,otherwise you cant drop any subjects even if you have 12 units, this is because the minimum requirmenet is 10 units and at least 4 subjects.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by chip
music is my buffer too but i hope it doesnt get counted now

hahha your in exactly same boat as i am now :D

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by Mcdickpants
oh, and dont get too ambitious with your work, simplicity is the key word to success
damn maybe that's why i fcuked up 4u so hard, i wrote 3 different scripts and had like 4 journals or something

and the workload is different for everyone, depends on your idea, medium, blah blah. personally i didn't see it as a workload as such cos i like writing and just wrote whenever i had free time

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
I've got 12 units. I thought music was going to be my buffer, but I'm actually coming first i think (out of 5 people though)
I think ancient history will be the 2 units that don't count in my hsc.. i dont get the ancient romans.. those crazy guys..

wouldn't u be pissed off though if 4 unit didn't count? after all we've been through?...

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Hmm.... it was different for me. I only do 10 units. And out of those I only had two major works (Art and English). I pretty much used the time from the dropped 3 units of work (Ext 1 Maths, Chem) and concentrated on my other subjects. Worked pretty well for me and I'm doing pretty good in everything.

But, you know. Different strokes for different folks. :D

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
I do 14 units and constantly whinge that I am going to drop 2 units of whatever. i didn't end up dropping any.

*still surviving*

the good thing about Extension 2 English is that you get to finish it before the HSC, so I guess I only have 13 units left :)

chip

HSC
yeh the good things about the major works subjects is that they are finished before the HSC and you can concentrate on your other subjects

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Ah yes. The bliss of having finished units before the HSC is even begun. *basks in the glory* I only have ten units, so that's eight left for the HSC. Here's to hoping I don't screw it up too bad.:D

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by malayz_angel
But 13 sounds so much better :(
I'm doing 14, but with Extension 2 out of the way, it's technically now 13.

13 does sound so much better. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)