• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Am i gonee :*( (1 Viewer)

kolgf

HSC
I just got my first english assessment mark and i got 54% and it weighs 15% i think. So wat do u think is my life over!!!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
of course not. it's just one assessment.

Last edited:

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
bahahaha
so fucking what.
Just try extra hard next time. IT WILL BE FINE.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
well for my first business assessment in year11 (which was worth 20%) i got about 52% due to my lack of study. thus i was at the bottem of the class. after that i killed every single assessment and ended up coming 2nd. this just shows that there is always heaps of time to improve and do well as long as you do the work. and remember that the actual mark doesn't count, it's just to determine your rank ! and hey its not 15% its 7.5% =] but i know how you feel if i do really bad in an assessment and even it was worth 10% i would be ranting on and be stressed out.

Last edited:

kolgf

HSC
yea today the whole day i wasnt feeling good because of my low mark. I hope i get a good mark for maths that might cheer me up.

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
kolgf said:
I just got my first english assessment mark and i got 54% and it weighs 15% i think. So wat do u think is my life over!!!
OMG! My life is over because of ONE english assessment!!!!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
lilkiwifruit said:
OMG! My life is over because of ONE english assessment!!!!
if you failed one assessment, im sure you would be pretty down as well.

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
really dont worry, i thought i was doomed after failing a large majority of my english adv course....and i ended up getting 75 for it in my HSC...i know its not great. but it shows that you have nothing to worry about

Riviet

HSC
N/A
kolgf said:
yea today the whole day i wasnt feeling good because of my low mark.
Let this be something that you learn from. Having said this, you should feel motivated to work harder for a better mark next time, I wish you the best of luck!

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
kolgf said:
But how good did you go compared to your peers ? i know its not a high mark....but remember its your ranking not the mark thats important internally.

A l

HSC
N/A
What was your position in the grade for that assessment task? If you got some reasonable ranks then it's likely you were up against very high standards.
Even if that was a bad rank, I know people that didn't even come first in their final internal assessment mark, because they did poorly in a single assessment task earlier, yet they eventually came first overall at the end.
I know someone in my school who did the HSC last year and he didn't even come first in History Extension at school, yet he managed to come second in the state for it at the end.
Anyway, my point is, there is still hope. Even if you stuffed up all of your internal assessment tasks, you can always make up for it in the final exam...

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
kolgf said:
No.
I just passed my first english assessment which was worth 15%! There was also another part worth 10%
and then from there i said i have to improve
I ended up ranking top 2nd in the half yearly
1st for the next 2 assessments
4th in the trial

and overall 2nd in advanced english

thats a true story, use it as inspiration :)

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yep, for me--joint 52nd for 2U Maths first assessment, then top 10 for every assessment after that including trial (from memory), ended up with 10th place out of 100-something people overall. Keep smiling and working hard! Best of luck!

ben_cady

Ben Cady
HSC
if you think about it, it counts for 15% of the school course, which is only 7.5% of the HSC. This means that if u get a 0 in the assesment, u can still achieve a 92.5% maximum for the HSC mark In your case, you are lookin at a 95% max in english, which is near impossible anyway. So dont stress to much... just do a little better and put a little more effort into the other assesments

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
lol i get below 45% for most of my assessments yet in the end english gave me 72%.

So.. not to worry, it should be fine for you.

Assessments are only for your "rankings" in your "cohort".

The percentages like "assessments for 50% towards your HSC" are bluntly theoretical where by the performance you do for assessments are exactly the same as where you'd do the HSC exam.

Last edited:

kolgf

HSC
Thanks for motivating me i was about to give up lol. And for the ranks we didnt get any, they only gave us our marks, but the highest in standard got 82%.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)