• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Am I the only person . . . (2 Viewers)

G

Gavvvvvin

. . . who is in year 12 and hasnt worked a day in their life?

Benovista

Old Schooler
HSC
no alot of people in year 12 havent worked a day in their life.

I would highly recomend getting a casual job though! It will help you get a job after you finish school!!!

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
i am 2 years out of high school... and still havent worked a day in my life.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i can understand people who don't work 'cos they have a busy life and sporting/family commitments etc.. but people who just 'can't be fucked' working .. i kind of really disrespect them

G

Gavvvvvin

The reason I dont have a job isnt because Im too lazy, but because I dont know if Id be able to cope with working and school shit at the same time. Im already stuggling at the moment to get my school stuff finished on time.

And plus I dont know if its even worth it to get a job at the moment. I mean its the last year of school and I want to go as good as possible, and dont want to sacrafice all these years of work for a few measly dollars flipping burgers at Mc Donalds or something.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Originally posted by _DeathlessOne_
The reason I dont have a job isnt because Im too lazy, but because I dont know if Id be able to cope with working and school shit at the same time. Im already stuggling at the moment to get my school stuff finished on time.

And plus I dont know if its even worth it to get a job at the moment. I mean its the last year of school and I want to go as good as possible, and dont want to sacrafice all these years of work for a few measly dollars flipping burgers at Mc Donalds or something.
If thousands of other students can manage, I'm sure you can too

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Originally posted by _DeathlessOne_

i find that working is a stress reliever for me.. at my work most of us are around 15-22 years old and all good friends.. always have a laugh at work as well as being paid for it :) it also allows me to manage my time alot better.. for example if i have to work monday and wednesday then i will do more of my school work on sunday night and tuesday.. or actually not bludge my free periods and do my homework.
many people i find that dont have jobs just sit at home on the net or watching tv and those 4 hours they could have been working they didnt really do anything productive anyway.. like on mondays i usually work 2-7pm and i still have from 7:30-11pm to do school work/go on the net..
also because i have been working for 2 and a half years its heaps good experience for working afterwards.. and during exams and assessment blocks i can always take a few weeks off and they dont mind

Last edited:

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Originally posted by cro_angel
i find that working is a stress reliever for me.. at my work most of us are around 15-22 years old and all good friends.. always have a laugh at work as well as being paid for it :) it also allows me to manage my time alot better.. for example if i have to work monday and wednesday then i will do more of my school work on sunday night and tuesday.. or actually not bludge my free periods and do my homework.
many people i find that dont have jobs just sit at home on the net or watching tv and those 4 hours they could have been working they didnt really do anything productive anyway.. like on mondays i usually work 2-7pm and i still have from 7:30-11pm to do school work/go on the net..
also because i have been working for 2 and a half years its heaps good experience for working afterwards.. and during exams and assessment blocks i can always take a few weeks off and they dont mind
That's exactly what I was going to say :). Working actually helped me during school because I managed my time much better. My marks were consistently higher than those of my friends who didn't work.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
As soon as I got a job, my mother refused to give me money. So you're all bludgers.

Originally posted by cro_angel
lol not to mention students who need to pay for schoolies
Therefore, I paid my entire schoolies trip by myself including spending money etc.

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
As soon as I got a job, my mother refused to give me money. So you're all bludgers.

lucky you, i had to give all my money to my parents from the 1st day i started to work, reason: "because we are family"
its allready 5 years, dont know when it going to end

G

Gavvvvvin

Since when have non - workers been the majority? :confused:

Nice avatar :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)