• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Am i wasting my time? (1 Viewer)

O2

HSC
Am i wasting my time doing a bachelor of commerce/bachelor of economics double degree with majors in Accounting, Finance, and either Economics or econometrics?

I just got into that course, and and wondering if its sorta double counting, if you understand what i mean.

Also, what sort of job prospects are our there for that? I was initiially interested in audit, but i cant imagine you need alot of finance and economics knowledge in audit.
What is a more suitable position for that course?

I would like to one day work in industry but only in senior positions, however, at the early stages, i would diffinetly like to work in either audit, or corporate finance.
Thankz inadvance...

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
More important than 'what' you studied is the fact that you studied (or at least started studying) anything at all... I say that based on experience from what older friends of mine have done.. I can't speak for everyone personally obviously..

I'd just stick to the commerce degree on its own for flexibility and aim for some solid work experience...

With Accounting/Finance I cant think of anything you can't do... I even know people who've gone to HR straight from a single accounting degree (hence my first point)...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)