• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

American Idol 2006 (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Now Australian Idol is over
they r showing American Idol soon
Discuss it here :)

BlackDragon

HSC
haha, this was my favourite scene. i laughed so hard:

*Person Stops Singing*

Randy: So what do you think Simon?
Simon: NEVER.

hahahahaha.

also:

Simon: So you're a model?
Singer: No, i'm a fit model! (someone who tests clothing sizes)
Randy: Oh, me too!
Simon: Yeah before and after.

hahahahaha.
i laughed so hard after these two moments. the auditions are classic.

HSC
Yeah, I saw on the news who wins too...I must say after seeing this person sing I was surprised they one, although I do like them...

Still, I was a bit surprised at the lack of talent, at this point I prefer the Aus idols

0Jade0

HSC
I'm very happy about the person who won. Especially because he/she sang one of my favourite songs for the audition.

I always like the US idols much more than the Aussie ones. And I get so annoyed because I actually WANT to vote for these people (and voting is free there)

BlackDragon

HSC
Taylor Hicks is that grey haired dude! damn, i would've taken more interest in his audition if i'd known.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Are the auditions over already?! :( I only got to catch the first half hour and I had to go somewhere..

latvia

HSC
N/A
Silver Persian said:
Yeah, I saw on the news who wins too...I must say after seeing this person sing I was surprised they one, although I do like them...

Still, I was a bit surprised at the lack of talent, at this point I prefer the Aus idols
I think otherwise....I watched several seasons of American Idol (when I was elsewhere) and there seems to be comparatively more talented singers (maybe it's just me)

watch a few more episodes to see
or watch the final episodes

hhaha so many girls go there telling simon how much they love him ("omg this if for you, simon!" then she sings and he gives really.......brutal comments and she gives the...."u jerk I don't love you anymore" expression)
there was once this girl with an awesome voice got eliminated in the earlier rounds and the reason simon gave was.....something to do with her looks (meaning....she's too fat, doesn't have the looks to be a star.......sorta suggested her to come back into the competition next time? ....don't remember exactly) and I felt that it was really unfair.....because how can looks be such a big factor...oh well.....curious to see if she'll really return slimmed and surprise everyone
& remember i laughed sooo much when william hung appeared the first time.......(long ago)!

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I have to admit the singers are better, esp. the girls.

Go Mandisa.

HSC
latvia said:
I think otherwise....I watched several seasons of American Idol (when I was elsewhere) and there seems to be comparatively more talented singers (maybe it's just me)
Yeah, Im kind of eating my words after last night...they singers are definitely better ^_^;

My faves so far are the girl who sang first up, the guy who sang the George Michael song and the guy who sang a Stevie Wonder song.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
This show is so unbelievably shit. I don't knwo what the judges were on when they selected this bunch. I laughed out loud at about 80% of the performances. It was like watching first round auditions for about 45% of the show...:eek:

Taylor Hicks is awesome as well as Katherine McPhee and that 17yr old girl who sang some song abotu Georgia (though her convulsions freaked me out). But that's it. The rest are so shit, it's unbelievable.

The way they talk before the performance and their behaviour on stage is so cringe-worthy. It makes Dean Geyer's "bedroom eyes" appear normal.

I'm only tuning in for Taylor Hicks performance. He's the only one who doesn't appear desperate and try-hardy. The rest, esp the girls, look so desperate, they make Lavina Williams look laidback. That bitch of a girl who sang the sunshine song. Omg, I wanna slap her every time she opens her mouth.

Urgh, sorry for the rant but seriously, I thought this show was a joke on Saturday. I can't believe some of these people made top 24.

0Jade0

HSC
WTF? Why is idol now on saturday morning.
Channel 10 has some explaining to do.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Now its saturday afternoons
Probably no one is watching it
i watched it today though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)