Amount of quotes in a reflection (1 Viewer)

Leggie

HSC
How many quotes should you have in a 500 word reflection?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
While I don't believe that there is a fixed, optimal number of quotes that would ensure a favourable outcome in every single scenario, I think that there might be a particular number or range of quotes that you can refer to as a guide as you are writing a 500-word reflection. Based on this, you may wish to consider selecting between 3 and 5 quotes from your piece and/or your prescribed texts and incorporating them as part of your reflective response. Depending on the requirements of your response in addition to your own standards, you may wish to include more quotes if you believe this would be appropriate, i.e. lead to a better quality response. However, you should probably avoid including less than 3 quotes so that you don't limit the quality of your reflection.

Of course, there are other factors that you should probably consider as you progress through your reflective response. The type of piece that you are required to write (such as imaginative, discursive, persuasive or informative) may influence the number of quotes that you end up including in your reflection. For instance, there may be a larger emphasis on the number of quotes to be included in terms of an imaginative or a discursive piece, whereas a reflective response may place additional focus on other aspects of a persuasive and/or informative piece.

Additionally, the number of quotes to be included in a reflection should align with other elements of the reflection. Given that a reflective response extends beyond quotes selected from a written piece/prescribed text (here, elements such as literary techniques, learning achieved, difficulties faced and things that you could have done better should all be considered), it is important to examine the relevance and level of emphasis that might be needed with respect to other elements, which can assist you in determining the best number of quotes to be included in your reflection more accurately.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)