• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ancient Exam Preparations (1 Viewer)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Just a few general tips for the exam:

+ Make sure you READ THE QUESTION!! That's the biggest mistake that gets people. Underline/highlight important key words in the question. Sometimes the questions can be a bit verbose and long, so breaking it up really helps!

+ There's a break-up of 45 mins for each section, which is a really good way to help your time. If you feel comfortable completing one of the sections in 30 mins, don't waste the 15 mins by walking out or staring in to space. Those 15 mins could help with another section!!

+ The 5 mins reading time is really very valuable!! We can't use pens during those times, so making a mark in the paper with your fingernail does work! :p Figure out which option you are going to choose and mark it so you can quickly turn to it when you're reading

+ KNOW YOUR OPTIONS!!! I know that may seem so obvious, but go through a past paper and know what you're doing. Numbers like Greece 800-500 could get mixed up with Greece 500-440, and with exam pressure and nerves, we don't want you freaking out!!

+ Relax! If, during your reading time, you realise the questions are sucky, DONT panic! Take a few deep breaths and brain storm a few ideas on the exam sheet. Or even in the booklet.

+ Know quotes. However, if you forget them during the exam, don't panic. It happens to all of us! Paraphrase the quote if necessary. Paraphrasing is NOT a crime! :p

+ In the Personalities question, for the 5 mark question, don't spend 30 mins on it. Write 5 marks worth, so approx. 5 things. For the 10 mark question, it's sort of like a Half-Essay question, so it's good to write an Introduction, Body and Conclusion.

I think that's about it from me. If anyone else has any suggestions, feel free to post!

All the best of luck! :)

coco_87

hey thanks for those points, they really helped. even though its my last exam im worried about it because ive studied yet it doesnt feel like i've studied. weird but true.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)