• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ancient History (1 Viewer)

Greek World 500 - 440 B.C. H.S.C Examination Study Advice.

• Do you enjoy History?

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Is History easy for you? Explain.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • How often do you study?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • How well do you think you will go in the H.S.C?

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

scottjamesfisk

Hey all you H.S.C stressheads (Dont worry, im one of them).

Heres a couple of hints to help you with your H.S.C Ancient History examination for those doing Greek World 500 - 440 B.C.

Make sure you know:

1. The relationship between Athens and Sparta at each stage of the war (by stages, I mean battles and landmarks in history, etc).

2. Where Persia fits into the war (simply know what Persia did at each stage of the Persian Wars - their involvement. Also know what person/s were dominant at the time - death of Darius, Mardonis, etc).

3. Know a timeline of the Persian War.

4. Know the Delian League. (DATES ARE IMPORTANT)

5. REMEMBER TO USE HISTORICAL EVIDENCE!!! Dont just say stuff like "according to the Encyclopedia of History, etc". BE SPECIFIC, for example, "according to Plutarch, he states that "the Greeks, lead by Thermistocles, had great strategic advantage over Persia, thus leading them to victory".

6. Know tactics which were used in certain battles. (Iron Ring, Boat "gather and shoot" technique, etc).

7. STUDY!!! Excel study guides are a great source of information, so use your study time wisely and DONT STRESS!!!

Good luck in the H.S.C Examinations everyone!

Scott Fisk.

amyb

I do enjoy history a great deal...mainly Modern History, however. History, again Modern, is very easy for me, as any topic i learn easily stays with me as i actually ENJOY learning it, and thus can remember it. Ancient, sadly, isn't the same...i have to try much harder to be able to recall.
Usually i study every night, for at least 3 hours. At the moment, i am studying every day for about 5-6 hours (and will still probably end up with only 75-85!)...bah!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)