• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Angus & Robertson (1 Viewer)

bedelicious

HSC
Is anyone working at A&R atm?
what are they looking for in these answers?

- Can you tell us about a time where you went out of your way to help either a customer, a colleague or friend?
- List 5 words that come to mind when you hear the words "Personal Presentation".
- If you were given a Bookseller / Sales Assistant role within Angus & Robertson, how would you go about exceeding your customers expectations?

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Those are some stuff questions which I personally wouldnt be able to make up on the spot.

Not sure what they are asking for in particular either but I think they want you to tell them that you understand the role you are applying for and what is required of you. Eg.

1- You saw a customer who looked lost or had trouble finding something and you would address yourself to them and ask whether they required assistance. THen if you werent able to help them what would you do next?

2- Personal presentation is just about how you 'look' but also how you act and bahave. So:
Appropriately dress, maturity, confidence....

3- I dont know :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
bedelicious said:
Is anyone working at A&R atm?
what are they looking for in these answers?

- Can you tell us about a time where you went out of your way to help either a customer, a colleague or friend?
- List 5 words that come to mind when you hear the words "Personal Presentation".
- If you were given a Bookseller / Sales Assistant role within Angus & Robertson, how would you go about exceeding your customers expectations?
i havent read the above post

1. shows you know how to help people, you will go out of your way, customer service, understanding people's needs

2. showing you are well presented, well groomed.

3. customer service, relates to 1 in a way

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't be so confident that you become cocky- especially when you don't know about the topic at hand.

[Edit] I'm referring to the job, not to people in this topic.

Last edited:
J

jhakka

I'm applying like mad at bookstores, and I have just filled out the Angus & Robertson application for the third time (I applied in 04, at one store a couple of weeks ago, and at four stores the other day), and every time I do so those stupid questions never fail to make me angry. :p

*is also looking around at Dymocks and Galaxy books*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)