• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Animal and Veterinary Bioscience (1 Viewer)

moffie_bottom

HSC
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody here did Animal and Veterinary Bioscience? Or, if you know much about what the course is like? I've looked up all the info I could find about it in books and on the net, but I'd like to find out what people actually know/think about the course.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
In first semester, us vet students did chemistry with the BAnVetBioSci students and i got to meet a few of them. Because the course is so "new" in a sense where the vet faculty has taken 50% of the course and there have been a few complaints about it through the faculty. I know theyre doing their best in improving the course because like anything in science, thiings are constantly being updated with new technologies and so forth. The course like any other science course is full on, looking at about 25 hours per week. There have been a few complaints of the course being to "plant based", too "Ag-related" and not enough "Vet-contact". I beleive thay have to study Ag. Economics as a subject too. If you go the USYD website, im sure they will give you a list of the subjects that are offered and there is a description about each subject too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)