Another BOS celebrity... (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

Taken from Connect, the magazine for prospective undergrad students.

Bachelor of Human Resource Management
Bachelor of HRM student David Forner​
A human resource manager manages the most valuable asset of an organisation - its people. In response to the new challenges and changes in contemporary workplaces, the Bachelor of Human Resource Management places a strong emphasis on the psychology of learning and the processes and techniques of developing a learning organisation.

Students will gain a strong understanding of the sociology of work and organisational behaviour in the workplace and will learn how to analyse global work structures and how individual and organisational needs are managed across global boundaries and global cultures. The degree is also designed to develop change agent skills as the capacity to analyse and interpret different change environments is fundamental to success in this area. Coaching and consulting skills are also taught.

The degree includes units in sociology, psychology, statistics, law, marketing, and human resource management. The course is run over three years of full-time study but also has a part-time mode of study over six years. The program of study has a final work experience unit where students spend time in an organisation practising and working on an HRM project and refining their skills and competencies.

Graduates have a number of career options avilable to them such as human resource manager, employee relations manager, occupational health and safety manager, learning and development manager, recruitment officer, HRM consultant, coaching consultant or small business owner.

Important note: For students applying for this degree through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC), preference will be given on the basis of UAI only. Students are no longer required to have an interview.

For second-year student David Forner, who developed an interest in HR while in Year 11, it was the mix of units offered in Macquarie's HR degree, as well as the University's reputation, that saw him enrol in the Bachelor of Human Resource Management.

"HR was something I wanted to study since I was in Year 11 and when I was looking into degrees at the start of Year 12 I saw Macquarie was offering an HRM degree for the first time," he explains.

"I particularly wanted to study at Macquarie because I believed their HR degree offered me everything I wanted in an HR degree, for example it offered a mix of business, psychology and sociology. Also talking to teachers, and now when I have gone for interviews for jobs, Macquarie has a really good reputation."
So with one year to go before he graduates, how has the the former Patrician Brothers' College, Fairfield student found the degree?

"I can honestly say I haven't been disappointed," he says. "I'm really enjoying the degree, my HR lectures are great and Macquarie has a really good vibe about it. It's easy going and laid back, which is good because uni work can get hectic at times."
Hmmm... I wonder who it is. Forner... Forner... Forner... In any case, what a star! :D

;)

xsb

:headbang:

Can you please put "Viewer Discretion Advised" in the title next time... I dont need to see any pics like that...:p

Anyways, good effort davey!

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
cjb said:
Can you please put "Viewer Discretion Advised" in the title next time... I dont need to see any pics like that...:p
i second that!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
haha woot!
there's only a small number of us bos mqers, but so many famous ones

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
go Dave! haha i thought your last name was actually fornstar

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
PwarYuex said:
My last name's PwarYuex. :(

Edit: No, I lie.
no lol cuz he told me his nick was that cuz of his last name so i just thought that

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
My last name's PwarYuex. :(

Edit: No, I lie.
LOL

Ah, I say we should all make a pact to get as many BOSers into MQ's hall of fame (ie student pages) as possible :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)