• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Another GPA question... (1 Viewer)

NortonAnt

HSC
Looking for a bit of help here with GPA calculations, and any other system people can suggest that is relevant.

Currently I am studying biomedicine, and looking to transfer to science. It looks like I will gain credit for everything, but a major problem is this; I have failed a double subject this semester. I will be able to make up the credit requirements for the science degree through a combination of overloading and/or summer school.

SO, with this in mind, when calculating the GPA (if for example the UAC is doing it), will it include this fail as well as the extra subjects that I will now be doing in the calculation, only the extra subjects or some other method? i.e. Does the GPA only use subjects that count towards the credit requirements for the degree?

And another thing, with the new major that I intend to be doing, there are two 1st year subjects that I will have to do; this means that I may be presented with the option of not counting/gaining credit for two other 1st year subjects (possibly of my choice) since there is a limit on the number of 1st year subjects allowed. Do these two rejected subjects still get counted in the GPA, or just get recorded on the academic transcript.

Thanks for any help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)