Another of those Journalism/PR questions (1 Viewer)

katrea

HSC
Hi I'm currently close to finalising my preferences considering I'm very sure that whatever I get will be more or less the same. Nonetheless I'm planning to do Arts/Law at Monash or Deakin whether it's via internal transfer or straight up. I've considered Arts/Law at Monash straight up mainly because it has a slightly lower fringe than the Monash Arts/Law however I'm actually quite adamant about choosing Melbourne.

I've just generally heard some great things about Monash Arts and someone told me somewhere (excuse my bad memory) that Deakin's got a good PR program. I'm standing in the middle of looking into whether to choose Journalism or PR as they're both fields I'm very interested but afraid I'm not too knowledgable completely about.

So the bottom line is whether to choose Arts at Monash or Deakin based on the choice that I am seeking to enter Journalism or PR?

I know RMIT is a much better choice but I'm very intent on getting a Law degree alongside and if I still feel unsatisfied, I'd be very all for returning to uni just to try RMIT's degree.

Additionally, opportunities to study overseas earn a big plus for me - especially in North America.

Last edited:

shimmy&shine

HSC
From what I've heard by people in the industry and past students, some people that graduated from the UTS BA Public Communications (pretty much PR) ended up being journalists, and some people that graduated from UTS BA Jouralism, got PR jobs. So i guess this shows that the two areas are quite similar and overlapped. This doesn't really answer your question, but just thought that i might tell you this. then again, the UTS courses might be WAY different to melb unis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)