Another Person Asking for Help With An Essay (1 Viewer)

4Phil

HSC
I'm just not sure on what to write about in thins essay. Any info links that you know of would be greatly appreciated also.

"Evaluate the effectiveness of the law in recognising and protecting individual rights and values and community rights and values in family law."

Confused a little by the wording? So am I.

So yeh any help on what to write about would help a lot.

*EDIT*: Should I do a paragraph on wat family law is? i.e. in order to be able to effectively evaluate we must first look into what family law is.

Last edited:

Felix Jones

HSC
actually no...the question practically sets out your essay for you...

....it says "Evaluate the effectiveness "...so u will at the end comment on whether it is effective or not...or u might to choose to only present one side...up to you.
...."effectiveness of the law in recognizing and protecting individual rights"...i.e does the law accomplish what it was set out to do?? very important give example..may be court cases...sorry don't do the subject.
.....then go on and do the same for family and community...it is very important for you to actually check the marking criteria for the assessment task...

cheers thats all i can do for now...but pm if u need further help.. :D

4Phil

HSC
Thanks heaps guys, helps more than you know lol

*Baby-K*

HSC
I have a research essay on Wed on a pretty similar topic- Effectiveness of the law in achieving justice for individuals / society. We don't get to see the question until the assessment.
What I am going to do is define just outcome, and then go on explaining how effective the law is in achieving justice for individuals- equality, accessibility, enforceability, resource efficiency and protection/ recognition of individual rights providing acts and examples like "rights of children are paramount, therefore to ensure that individuals experience a just outcome, it may be necessary not to treat everyobe equally". Then when I've finished with the individual rights I am gonna go on explaining the effectiveness of the law in achieving justice for society. In order to secure a just outcome for society the following must be achieved: the legal system needs to operate as efficiently as possible, the law needs to remain contemporary, reflecting community values etc, the law must be enforceable, the law must endeavour to balance the rights and values of individuals against those of the community. Talk about resource efficiency, how well the law reflects community standards, whether there are any opportunities for enforcement, reducing financial burden on the society through appellate process. And finally talk about the balance of individual and community rights.
I hope that clears things up a bit for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)