• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

answering different sections? (1 Viewer)

apollo

hey kids

we all have to do 4 sections...
personality
ancient society
historical period
extra society or period

now, i'm doing 1 historical period - greek world 500-440... and as my extra, i'm doing a historical period - romes wars of expansion.

on the exam paper, you have the historical period section, and additional historical period section. both of my topics are in the sections... can i answer whichever i want? obviously i need to answer one from the "extra historical period" section, and one from the "histrorical period" section, but could i swap rome for greece in the historical period?

i hope that made sense...

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
yep u can do whichever you want as long as you dont repeat greece or rome twice. u have the right idea! thats why when u get in the exam, read the questions and decide whether the structured responce or the essay is best for whichever answer

hope that made sense!

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
Yep, what MaryJane said...the idea of the option is for you to pick what essay suits you best.

Just make absolutely SURE that you don't do the same period for both questions, apparently it happens numerous times every year. :)

Hehe, in our trial exam, one girl somehow did 5 sections. She answered each section once, then did both societies (one already done in section 2) for section 4.

I'm more worried for ancient than any other, about getting 'exam stress' and stuffing up the sections.

Last edited:

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
Originally posted by FunkmistrssDina
Hehe, in our trial exam, one girl somehow did 5 sections. She answered each section once, then did both societies (one already done in section 2) for section 4.

I'm more worried for ancient than any other, about getting 'exam stress' and stuffing up the sections.
What did she get in the end?

She went well I'm sure... considering that mine was the 3rd bottom mark and I got 84 for the trials (and she didn't get below me)

Yes, I go to a school full of freaks. It's quite demoralising really!

Well they ended up having to only mark the society which she didn't do for section 2 I think. Makes sense, no?

Anyway, I'm scared because I have never seen a full ancient exam, (they left out all the non-applicable questions in our trial to save paper) and I know to expect an index and all that, but it just seems so easy to fuck up and waste time finding your Q!

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
my teach suggest instead of going through everything, just rip out of the book the questions your gonna do in the reading time
saves you from doin all that flicking and searching when you could be writing

malayz_angel

Lol..I did a mistake in the half yearly by doing both short answers and an essay for Sparta when you were supposed to actually pick between the two! Actually all but two people in our class made the same mistake. I still came out first but luckily I didn't do the same thing in the trial!

Wiggum

Originally posted by FunkmistrssDina
Yes, I go to a school full of freaks. It's quite demoralising really!
So what school do you go to?

Originally posted by shelley
my teach suggest instead of going through everything, just rip out of the book the questions your gonna do in the reading time
saves you from doin all that flicking and searching when you could be writing
Why don't you just rip out the index and leave a hand on the paper so you don't need to keep turning?

Originally posted by malayz_angel
Lol..I did a mistake in the half yearly by doing both short answers and an essay for Sparta when you were supposed to actually pick between the two! Actually all but two people in our class made the same mistake. I still came out first but luckily I didn't do the same thing in the trial!
I don't know what to say, either it was stupid or just foolish or maybe it was you :p I can just see you doing something like that. Well better now than in the HSC i guess.

Wiggum

Great, the "we have 2 classes compared to the boy's 12 people" school cool. That's great. Like your school needs the money anyway, you have a good common room anyway, and that's beside the fact that your school's loaded, and has cable, public school having cable...

You'd be used to it being around them for 6 years don't you? I have and you just learn to accept you're a lesser being.

Hahaha it gets worse... I only came to high two years ago. I was at a private school before!

You boys are so not lesser beings... well maybe sometimes :p I didn't realise there was that much of a difference between boys school and ours?

Wiggum

Lol O dear........since you put it that way.....oh no.......

Quite a number of us are. Oh hell yeah there's a huge difference between the Boys and the Girls schools. I'm not even starting with our financial position. Basically, you have the better resources and basically better everything, well apart from our rowing shed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)