Anxiety and Tapering (1 Viewer)

ali#c

Does anyone have a basic, clear definition of trait and state anxiety? I am getting confused! Thanks oh and the whole thing about tapering, is this just decreasing volume and intensity before a major event? How many weeks do you taper for?
Thanks! :D

jgirl:).....

trait and state anxiety - ur trait anxiety is something that you feel in response to an everyday experience (i.e. your trait personality), so if you're a generally stressed person, than thats your triat anxiety, or if you are relaxed, calm in an everyday situatiuon.
a state anxiety is your reaction to a particular situation! so your reaction to stepping out and singing in front of a big crowd - how you would react ot that situation, whether that causes you distress, or you arousal to significantly change

swordfish

Tapering is the period of reducing the training load to allow the body to replenish glycogen stores and repair 'microtears' that occur in the muscles as a result of heavy training. It usually begins about a week out from competition, but some athletes begin a marginal taper much further away from race day, e.g. Cathy Freeman began to gradually cut back on her training about 3 months before the Olympics. The real taper, where no hard work is done, happens about a week before competition, with hardly any work, or a total rest period, the day before the race/game.

unoriginal

Yeah is a pretty good explanation of tapering just remember different sports have different taper lengths eg. marathon runners taper longer then sprinters

crackd

WTF I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF TAPERING. WHAT PAR TOF THE COURSE IS IT FROM???

swordfish

i think its in the option 'improving performance'....therefore if you are not doing that option then you don't need to stress!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)