• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Any success stories? (1 Viewer)

duplicity

HSC
Has there been any success stories where a person has gotten an estimated ATAR from their school, studied really hard for the external exams and then increased their ATAR by a fair bit? For example, low 90's to mid-high 90's? Or even up from a 90 to a 93? Do you think it is possible?

ocatal

HSC
Heard that someone from my school had an estimated ATAR of about 92 and ended up with 96..

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Happens all the time. Within reason, yes.

If it's going from an estimated 75 to 90, then probably not.

Keep in mind that an ATAR estimate is merely a ballpark figure. Your ATAR is largely determined by unforeseeable factors such as cohort performance on the day of the exam.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Has there been any success stories where a person has gotten an estimated ATAR from their school, studied really hard for the external exams and then increased their ATAR by a fair bit? For example, low 90's to mid-high 90's? Or even up from a 90 to a 93? Do you think it is possible?
Yes.

Especially when my year advisor was terrible at estimates-awkward moment in yr 11 when she said I shouldn't be complacent about getting an 88 cause it would need work ethic (awkward moment when I was dux the next year).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)