any worthwhile techniques for study? (1 Viewer)

frippyful

HSC
i want to improve my study technique and effectiveness by as much as i can. do you have any of your own techniques that you are willing to 'lend' that helps you really remember content, especially for science and social sciences. also if there are any things that you do in class that help you listen effectively and meaningfully.
oh, and also i have serious trouble with completing essay homework tasks in a short amount of time. i want make it so that i don't take a day to write the question. so any tips and advice.
please care to share. :jump:

zeebobDD

HSC
for the sciences, the best technique for me is, getting all the exercise questions done, then understanding the topic as i go and each sub dot point thoroughly, then doing like atleast 3/more past papers with your book of notes to guide you through, after you feel really confident about the topic, do papers without help and mark it, to see how well you've done

THE key for the sciences is your method of answering.

Mr L

HSC
N/A
Write out the entire syllabus by hand, it makes it much easier to memorise. For social sciences practice exam questions, write everything by hand and have your teacher evaluate your responses.

Bobbo1

HSC
for the sciences, the best technique for me is, getting all the exercise questions done, then understanding the topic as i go and each sub dot point thoroughly, then doing like atleast 3/more past papers with your book of notes to guide you through, after you feel really confident about the topic, do papers without help and mark it, to see how well you've done

THE key for the sciences is your method of answering.
Soo true, you can know science but if you don't know HSC science then it's going to kill you. Make sure to have HSC marking guidelines handy for every question you do and be as strict as possible on yourself. Don't do textbook questions - they are a waste of time and HSC questions are the way to go. For social sciences, know all your theory for multiple choice questions, practice the hell out of short answers by doing past HSC questions and try to 'guess' what the extended responses may be(your teacher may intentionally or unintentionally hint this during lessons).

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
i want to improve my study technique and effectiveness by as much as i can. do you have any of your own techniques that you are willing to 'lend' that helps you really remember content, especially for science and social sciences. also if there are any things that you do in class that help you listen effectively and meaningfully.
oh, and also i have serious trouble with completing essay homework tasks in a short amount of time. i want make it so that i don't take a day to write the question. so any tips and advice.
please care to share. :jump:
I can only speak for sciences, but one thing that quite many people don't see is that going through all syllabus dotpoints thoroughly is wayyy more important than doing practice questions. Take syllabus dotpoints as exam questions and write syllabus notes (answers) to them. If you can remember those answers after polishing them by going through numerous resources, you can't go wrong. Exam question practice only comes afterwards.

Good luck!

EDIT: also know the precise BoS definition of verbs like discuss, evaluate, etc.

Last edited:

inJust

HSC
For Eco: I just familiarise myself with questions etc.
Modern: I cram. I just get notes, highlight, then cut down.
Legal: Listen in class cos it's straight forward.
English: Listen in class and cram for quotes last minute.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)