• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

anyone do a website???? (1 Viewer)

olay

HSC
hey folks :D doing a website for my major work and was wondering whether anyone thats done one has any handy *nudge*nudge* hints???? bit clueless atm. esp with the proposal. which i shall do now :D au revoir. :) :chainsaw: <-- heehee what a cute emoticon. :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Another guy at my school did a website for his Major Project this year (class of 2003).

Hints? None really, just do the work and read the syllabus if you're getting a bit lost (it helps me to focus on the requirements and outcomes).

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
i tried and found it too fucken useless in terms of using it as a medium since there is little to no info on it and i wasnt sure many of the markers knew either

it seemed like it was a fucken "its popular in society it might make us look cool" thing, they really didnt think about it much i think

Ziff

HSC
N/A
The less markers know about your medium the better chance they'll be razzled and dazzled by flashy gimmicks, become incapaciated (through a seizure of some sort) and mark you as 50/50!

Huy

HSC
N/A
The less markers know about your medium the better chance they'll be razzled and dazzled by flashy gimmicks
True, but I'm doubting the 50/50 comment (although you may come close).
it seemed like it was a fucken "its popular in society it might make us look cool" thing, they really didnt think about it much i think
I had thought about doing a website too, but it wouldn't really relate to Extension 2 so much as a personal hobby/interest.

olay

HSC
i did this animation for my ext I assess in the prelim course and ever since then i was dubbed ms IT/computerness by the english staff. so they kinda pulled me in that direction and after that i realised it'ld be the form that challenged me the most [which is why i chose animation in the first place]. i'll buy the full marks thing though - my animation was such low quality, ffs i used paint for all my imgs :D .. but don't get me wrong it took a LOT of time and effort to make it. ehehe and it was v. slapstick. :) but yeah i'm guessing a part of gaining full marks for it was cause noone had attempted it before and they didn't know a terrible lot about it. doubt many markers will be too edumacated in the whole webdesign thing so i think i can pull of a few wowsery stunts by the time its due. asyLum: what do u mean it has little to no info on it??? did anyone see the showcase 2002 website "one poem ten stories" [or sthg like that??] O_O WOW it was damn good. its become my benchmark. :D pretty set on doing a site though. :) its on the role of the linguistic channel of communication VS non verbal channels [for now anyway] :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
during me this years hsc, there was little to no information, now maybe there is more, but i was turned off by that simple fact, since i didnt know how the hell i could do something without the info

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Although Extension 2 English was the subject that I had the most fun with this year, it was also the vaguest in terms of requirement and expectation

Last edited:

olay

HSC
ohh......do u mean the requirements for it? i thought it was v. ambiguous too so i just made sure it had a "literary" focus. then they can't bust my chops for anything. ;) hrmm. noones done a site here yet....:D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
yeah more on the fact i realised it would have been much better as a story rather than a site...

i was going to do a flash presentation where it read as story but there would be an interventtion (aka pomo) and hijack the story and twist it thus blurring the lines of author and reader

but i found out it would be too hard to do something like that so i redid my story and concepts :)

olay

HSC
hey whos that, sugaryblue???:D hey, its ollie! :) if u know me. :D LoL from penno too :)

asyLum:is pomo another word for intervention?! o_O

proposal due on monday...... :/

* edit: HEY ADA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D LoL

Huy

HSC
N/A
Pomo = Post Modernism. :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Huy
Pomo = Post Modernism. :)

no it isnt!!! your thoughts are merely a construct of what your environment represents and as such is malign and inconsistent with the very nefacations of this western euro-centralised canonical socio-educational system of study....

That is po-mo :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by AsyLum
... where it read as story but there would be an interventtion (aka pomo) and hijack the story and twist it thus blurring the lines of author and reader
Originally posted by olay
asyLum:is pomo another word for intervention?! o_O
Originally posted by Huy
Pomo = Post Modernism
But yes, you are correct too. :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hehe sorry just wanted to confuse the f*** out fo these youngsters :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)