• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

anyone do Forensic Science? (1 Viewer)

NosaJ

HSC
does anyone, preferably in uni at the moment, have any advice on how to handle the hsc and trials to get into a good course?
im interested in doing a BSc in Applied Chemistry so i can go into the field of forensic chemistry, preferably in UTS but i think i've realised too late and might have missed my chance to get the marks i need.
any advice?

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
forensics facinates me. ever since i started it in chemistry i decided i wanted to do something in uni of that nature, i would also like info on this

tennille

HSC
My advice- don't pick any of the forensic science degrees (unless you know you definitely want to do it-your applied chemistry one should be okay, though). Apparently there are too many poeple and not enough jobs. I'd suggest selecting B science as one of your preferences. You can then do chemistry (there's forensic chemistry I think), physiology, anatomy, etc. I was interested in forensics, but I'm not so much anymore. I'm just really glad I didn't choose that forensics degree (I was deliberating over that) because I would have been stuffed now. With B science, you can do almost anything you want. A forensics degree just locks you into that career path.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
if the demand for the course is so high, why is the UAI at UWS only 85?

NosaJ

HSC
last year the class for forensic biology was abour 45 students. there were 600 preferences for the course. yowser. thanks for ur advice though.
did anyone go to "inside the forensic world" at UTS in the holidays?

tennille

HSC
shellybelly087 said:
if the demand for the course is so high, why is the UAI at UWS only 85?
It's UWS, that's probably why. I have nothing agaisnt the uni, but other poeple do. It's like 93-94 at UTS.

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
NosaJ said:
last year the class for forensic biology was abour 45 students. there were 600 preferences for the course. yowser. thanks for ur advice though.
did anyone go to "inside the forensic world" at UTS in the holidays?
hey : ) i went last year and thought it was excellent! really well done and a very informative day... cuddav stayed there for hours!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)