Anyone doin Changing Words? (1 Viewer)

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Anyone doin Changing Worlds?

And Studying Enders Game?

I personally think this is the best "change" to do, and, personally, Ender's Game is the Best SciFi book Ive ever read. :)

Ac

Last edited:

kini mini

HSC
I did changing worlds but On Giants' Shoulders . It was alright, but like all aea of study ultimately very frustrating.

I didn't like Ender's Game very much, it had a silly ending IMO and Orson S C's ideas about small children are very disturbing (in this and other books of the series). If he was like that he was an extremely stange kid.

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
I doubt he was like that ... remember, these characters exist in a very *changed world* ;):)

:spaceshp: :sniper:

Im reading the rest of the series, and the "Shadow" series ... I think the book is very good, from an entertainment PoV ...

:torch: :burn:

Ac:cool:

kini mini

HSC
I don't think you have read the preface where he defends criticism of his books by reaffirming his beliefs ;). I read it in a new edition of Ender's Game I think.

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
I have read the intro, where he says how hes a Morman freak, and his work is influenced by that ....

I know that during my reading i kept thinking the characters were much older. I ESPECIALLY remember when it said that Petra was walking around naked :eek: :eek: :D :p

But anyhow, the characters are real good. I like Ender.

Ac

luba

we did Imagined Corners in class. Can I do Ender's Game as my sup?

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by luba
we did Imagined Corners in class. Can I do Ender's Game as my sup?
I asked my teachers about this, apparently there is no rule that you can't but the theory goes some markers might look down on you for "taking the easy way out" :rolleyes:. I think that's probably BS but it's up to you.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I did it last year-I liked Enders Game, but it seemed a waste of time to read it all when in an essay you hardly have time to write much on it...they could have given us a shorter text. :( But still, it turned out to be a good book, so i can't complain!
I actually didn't read it all til after the trials...I started it, then never went bac to it, and when the trials came around, I just scrounged up a few quotes and stuff from the small amount I had read, or off the net. I ended up with the highest mark in my grade for the essay, the teacher saying it was mainly because I "obviously knew the texts thoroughly." Lol!:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)