Anyone doing 'My Place' by Sally Morgan? (1 Viewer)

sweetcherry

HSC
Uni Grad
G'day all :)

I'm currrently studying 'My Place' by Sally Morgan as a core text of my HSC Advanced English course.
I would really appreciate it if you guys could give me some notes or whatever relating to my core text.

Thanks!
Sherrie:D

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
OK, I did this text for Eng Adv in 2002. I havn't got any typed notes, but if you have any specififc questions I can try and help ...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by McLake
OK, I did this text for Eng Adv in 2002. I havn't got any typed notes, but if you have any specififc questions I can try and help ...
likewise
I'll scan in my Area of study essays when I have the time

Oracle

I'm doing Sally Morgan's 'My Place' for 'Changing Self.'
I'm not sure if you're aware, but she is giving a lecture at a Sydney uni for HSC students some time in March....
Would be glad to share some notes with you, i.e. give and recieve......
Thanks Sincerely
HSC Comrad

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
hey oracle... is the sally morgan lecture you're talking about part of that thing on march 3rd, organised by the ETA?? or if anyone else knows the answer to that, feel free to share it! :)

and yes, although its probably obvious, I'M doing 'my place' as well - well, we did it last term for Changing Self... had to do an oral assessment task on it... i was SO STOKED cause i got 96 :D

silbi

omg shes doing a lecture.. damn im gunna miss it.. :(
--the downsides of living 3hrs from sydney.............

Theres an article called "chasing pale shadows" by Victoria Laurie... (The Australian Magazine OCT 23 "99")
its abt Sally Morgans life beyond "my place".. i just found it a little bit helpful to have background information concerning this text, you'se prolli have already read it...?......

hMm..~~if anyone goes to the lecture can u like summarise a bit for this thread?.. if theres any useful information they would like to share that is...

sweetcherry

HSC
Uni Grad
Sally Morgan's lecture

Did anyone go to the lecture that was given by Sally Morgan??

If you did, I'd like the notes from the lecture, if any of you has them. Email the notes to sweetcherry@shopfree.com.au

Thanks!!!

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
or if you could attach them to the forum, that'd be cool too... cause yeah, i woulda loved to have gone, but seeing as i live like 10 hours away... :p

silbi

is anyone going to post notez from that lecture..

my english teacher didnt even know abt it.... otherwise we would have tried to go.. even tho its a 4hr drive... -_-; the disadvantage of living in RURAL au..

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
how many people have to do 'my place' for their half yearly?

i didnt mind it TOO much the first time i read it, but its much more boring the second time round.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
does anyone else think my place is a pretty bad text for changing self?? i mean, sure she changes... but not THAT much. and it almost seems like it would be more suited for changing perspective, because its looking at australian culture from a different angle than had mainly been published before it...

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by snakeoils
does anyone else think my place is a pretty bad text for changing self?? i mean, sure she changes... but not THAT much. and it almost seems like it would be more suited for changing perspective, because its looking at australian culture from a different angle than had mainly been published before it...
YES. VERY BAD. SO VERY BAD. It is one of THE WORST texts I have ever seen. Urg!!!

Thank god my HSC is over, I pity thee who have My Place as their text this year

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
don't worry, i totally agree... my teacher, on the other hand, thinks its one of the most amazingly written, inspirational, important, interesting and didactic things that has ever seen the light of day.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by snakeoils
don't worry, i totally agree... my teacher, on the other hand, thinks its one of the most amazingly written, inspirational, important, interesting and didactic things that has ever seen the light of day.
hahahaha
oh dear

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by miguel_fugdey
i had to re-read it fo rmy exam last week, and oh my fucking god it was voring...i dont see why its on the curriculum except its avoriginal stuff
thats two "v instead of b" typo's in one post!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)