• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Anyone else doing B Economics/Arts here? (1 Viewer)

sifu

HSC
Hi,

Just want to make sure im doing the right courses.

I'm doing acct1501, econ1203, econ1101 for economics and bios1203 as part of arts. I',m planning to major in finance so would i need to do finance as a subject even though i already have a total of 24 UOC??

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi,

Just want to make sure im doing the right courses.

I'm doing acct1501, econ1203, econ1101 for economics and bios1203 as part of arts. I',m planning to major in finance so would i need to do finance as a subject even though i already have a total of 24 UOC??
You don't need to do finance every single semester- to major in something you just need to do a total number of units (or subjects) from that particular study over your degree. Check the UNSW Handbook (for your year) to confirm the # of subjects. THey usually list the ones you need as well.

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
I'm doing Econs/Arts too. High five!

I'm doing the same mix of Economics courses, though I chose ARTS1361 rather than BIOS1203 for my Arts degree. If we've both reached a similar mix of classes we should be on the right track!

sifu

HSC
I'm doing Econs/Arts too. High five!

I'm doing the same mix of Economics courses, though I chose ARTS1361 rather than BIOS1203 for my Arts degree. If we've both reached a similar mix of classes we should be on the right track!
yay hi 5

so what are you planning to major in for eco? or do we think about that in 2nd year

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
sifu calm down. Just go through the handbook and find out what you want to major in. Figure out the 5 year plan and then just do it. if you don't know the five year plan then just work out what your interests are over the duration of the coming first year.

sifu

HSC
Hey is it advisiable to do 2 com/eco majors and 2 arts majors?

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
umm yes you can fit it within 5 years. eco arts is a 5 year degree.

just make sure you plan your degree properly over the 5 years for a double major in each degree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)