anyone else doing distance ed? (1 Viewer)

a-m-e-e-e

HSC
I was just interested to know if anyone else is doing anything by distance ed? I'm doing art through KARABAR and its so so hard!! Anyone else having this problem?

-pari-

HSC
N/A
heeeeey ...

i just spent over a year studying from it! except not just one subject....

yeah. it definately is harder. it misses a vital thing - the teacher contact. but doing only one subject from it shouldn't be too bad.

good luck!

xoCandyGurlxo

HSC
Im doing food technology through Camden Haven Distance Education Centre and it is soo hard luckily i actually have a food tech teacher at my school who is happy to help me when i need it. I really dont like my teacher thou she is very disorganised n i think she definetly prefers face to face teaching to distance ed. Anyways i feel ur pain lol.

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
^^ hehe :p, I laugh and sympathise with all the people doing DE :uhhuh:
^^FT by DE, the pracs must be good! :rofl:

If you can, I really recommend attending the open DE days (or whatever they're called), and trying to keep up with the work (or getting ahead) because DE work is really easy to fall behind in :uhhuh:

A good text book, a helpful teacher at your school and regular contact with your DE teacher, works wonders to overcome the many, many annoying mistakes in the work and helps you understand the work better.

Good luck to all the people doing DE this year (keep at it, coz it'll be worth it in the end)!! :D

yosemite sam

HSC
Italian by distance ed....its like trying to teach myself. so painful. but im getting there...you have to have really good contact with your teacher to get far it think, especially in things like languages where the key concepts are super important for language structures and stuff..

a-m-e-e-e

HSC
omg art is just so hard... especially the prac stuf coz you get no feedback at all... my mum is an art teacher so you'd think that would help, but no, she's just like 'ha, thats crap work you've been set!'

LaurenHarvey

HSC
I do Spanish through Open High School and ended up coming first in it last year, I enjoy it because you are completely in control of what you have to do, they just send you the work... THe only problem with it is the organisation, but by being organised in it, I ended up getting more organised in my other subjects. I think the key to distance education is motivation, the more you enjoy it the more you get out of it
Good luck with everything! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)