Anyone flown with Aerolineas Argintinas? (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I'm going to NZ and I was just curious if anyone had flown Aerolineas before? Is it any good?? Or is it a bit dodgy (liek Vietnam Airlines lol).....

Just curious.....

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
my friend flew it to Brazil when she went there on exchange last year

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
The difference between the majority of airlines is only the service you get. People who think that one airline is "dodgy" in terms of safety don't know what they are talking about.

Take the cheapest flight you can, it's only a short flight to NZ anyway so it doesnt really matter what the service is like

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Cactus said:
The difference between the majority of airlines is only the service you get. People who think that one airline is "dodgy" in terms of safety don't know what they are talking about.
but there ARE indeed airlines that are dodgier in safety than the others. You see, some airlines cut funds away from like the safety and techinical issues of their flights (eg. my friend told me Canadian Air). you can see the difference when you track down their accident records.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Ok I wanted to look up some accident records for "Canadian Air" however there is no existing airline by this name. If you meant "Air Canada", you are wrong about their record. They have had 1 crash in the last 20 years, and that was non-fatal.

For the information of our thread starter, Aerolineas Argentinas airline has not had a crash since 1975. Hardly sounds dodgy to me.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Cactus said:
Ok I wanted to look up some accident records for "Canadian Air" however there is no existing airline by this name. If you meant "Air Canada", you are wrong about their record. They have had 1 crash in the last 20 years, and that was non-fatal.

For the information of our thread starter, Aerolineas Argentinas airline has not had a crash since 1975. Hardly sounds dodgy to me.
well that's the one. yeah but still. that's what my friend told me. wanna check the records with China's (can't remember which specific one) airlines??

i never said Aerolineas Argentinas airline's dodgy.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
sugaryblue said:
i never said Aerolineas Argentinas airline's dodgy.
Cactus said:
For the information of our thread starter..............Hardly sounds dodgy to me.

Chinese Airlines:

"China Airlines" - 3 crashes in the last 10 years, last one in 2002, 424 fatalities total. Reasons for crashes; poor weater/pilot error, poor weather, and finally suspected mechanical fault.

"China Eastern Airlines" - none in the last 10 years.

"China Northern Airlines" - crash in 2002, 112 fatalities. The crash was due to a deranged terminally ill patient who started a fire in the cabin!

"China Northwest Airlines" - none in last 10 yrs

"China Southern Airlines" - 1997, 35 fatalities, severe weather

"China Southwest Airlines" - 1999, 61 fatalities, mechanical fault.

For those playing at home, that brings a total of 6 crashes in the last 10 years with 632 total fatalities.........Your argument isn't looking that strong. I'd feel much safer flying China Northern, than American Airways or Delta

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Cactus said:
Your argument isn't looking that strong. I'd feel much safer flying China Northern, than American Airways or Delta
LOL ok, if you insist.

To be honest, I don't even know what we are arguing about, and why are you so in-to it.

anywayz, wanna discuss airline food instead?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)