• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Anyone from TAFE accounting or Finance and Banking Diploma tranfer to MQ (1 Viewer)

cfdarebad

HSC
N/A
Hi i would like some opion if anyone from MQ atm got into their degree eg.B.Bus,B.Ba,B.Comm,B.Eco or B.Bus&IT from a
Accounting or Banking and Finance or other related Diploma through tafe and what were their marks(grades) in their tafe
diploma.

Im a Pessimists
didn't think mature age entry is so competetive just found out 3/4 year into my studies you guys think 4 credits 1 Dis and
the other subjects ungraded are good enough?
Any help is much apprieated.
Its my first post be nice ,sorry for any spelling errors.

trading derivatives while study is bad.

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
If you can't get into Macquarie with your Tafe diploma, go through SIBT... it's equivalent to the first year of your Macquarie degree, and you'll get guaranteed entry straight into the second year of any Macquarie business course.

http://www.sibt.nsw.edu.au/

From talking to a friend who did accounting at Tafe, it seems to be more practical and less theoretical than accounting at university. But I believe it is also designed for those wanting to do accounting at an SME or small public accounting practice.

Nevertheless, your marks sound good. I think you should be able to go straight into Macquarie with those marks... if not, do what I said and go through SIBT... that way you won't lose any time.

Luke.

Begbie4017

HSC
Last year I did a Diploma Bus.Marketing with Dist average and got into B.Speech & Hearing Sc.completely unrelated. I also get alot of general credit do I only have to do my core subjects which is a bonus.
It depends on how many non year 12 spots the uni has.
the uai means nothing.
I was also offered B Speech path at Sydney uai is 90 something.
Dont dispair I was very discouraged by open day people at most unis. But if you can get a distinction average you should be able to get into most courses related to your diploma or not.

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
my friend got into that degree...and he got into it by doing hospitality at tafe... then now he's doing a double degree in commerce-accounting/ something else.

Anyway he's killing it, well killing accountingmore thanme and i got instraight from highschool. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)