Anyone Goin To Aussie Idol Auditions Tomorrow (2 Viewers)

MouNtY

.......jus wanted to see if anyone is goin to the auditions tomorrow?........

santaslayer

HSC
Wait for my mate Sagal to come on stage. He's gonna do MJ's Rock with you. :uhhuh:

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I know a friend who's auditioning. I have mixed emotions about this.

Seabiscuit

HSC
I hope Australia become a tryhard and also find a "William Hung" style person who can't sing, and make them famous!

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
i was there today, we got there at 6 in the fucking morning it was soooooooooooooooooo freezing!!!

we waited in line all day, eventually getting inside at about 12.30. then we had to wait about 4 more hours before our people actually had their numbers called and got to audition (i didn't try out, i was 'supporting' friends).

it was a fun day because i was with funny people and everyone was really nice and funny things happened but i think it is pretty fucked the way they let certain people through to the next round for their 'comedy value' when there are so many other talented people who don't get a fair chance. i can't really explain what i mean without just sounding bitter that my friends didn't get through to the next round, but that isn't the only reason why i think it. hmm.

did anyone else go?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by virgin^sexy
i think it is pretty fucked the way they let certain people through to the next round for their 'comedy value' when there are so many other talented people who don't get a fair chance. i can't really explain what i mean without just sounding bitter that my friends didn't get through to the next round, but that isn't the only reason why i think it. hmm.
i know what you mean but there are so many fantastic singers out there that aren't SUPERstar materia, they can't let them all in. if they had got through they wouldn't have cut it anyway. i think they are looking for a certain type of person as well. but i do know what you mean, the comedians get on tv, but hey that's what they're there for, they don't want a record deal.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by virgin^sexy
i was there today, we got there at 6 in the fucking morning it was soooooooooooooooooo freezing!!!

we waited in line all day, eventually getting inside at about 12.30. then we had to wait about 4 more hours before our people actually had their numbers called and got to audition (i didn't try out, i was 'supporting' friends).

it was a fun day because i was with funny people and everyone was really nice and funny things happened but i think it is pretty fucked the way they let certain people through to the next round for their 'comedy value' when there are so many other talented people who don't get a fair chance. i can't really explain what i mean without just sounding bitter that my friends didn't get through to the next round, but that isn't the only reason why i think it. hmm.

did anyone else go?
I was going to go, but 9 hours in line? Geez, lucky I didn't go.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I was gonna go, I was planning to sing Alicia Keys - Fallin'
but yeah, not worth the waiting time, considering I have assessments to do

Collin

HSC
N/A
I probably would of sang a George Michael song. Hmm.. ain't too good with those high notes.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I was in darling harbour round midnight and all these people were camping out. I was like, you losers.

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
i went and sang i wanna fuck the dead, it's an old hc punk song

it went down well, but my falsetto wasnt its best

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
i think they are looking for a certain type of person as well. but i do know what you mean, the comedians get on tv, but hey that's what they're there for, they don't want a record deal.
yeh, don't forget it's a reality tv show. which lately, they aren't doing too well with ratings so they'd wanna get *entertaining* people to hook viewers. stuff the talent, at least if they're amusing ?

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
i know what you mean but there are so many fantastic singers out there that aren't SUPERstar materia, they can't let them all in. if they had got through they wouldn't have cut it anyway. i think they are looking for a certain type of person as well. but i do know what you mean, the comedians get on tv, but hey that's what they're there for, they don't want a record deal.
i know what you mean, but i just kept thinking about how it would feel for those people. i mean, if i was a really talented singer and a judge (supposedly someone who is experienced in the music industry and can see quality in people) said 'sorry, you're not good enough to go through to the next round, but that man dressed as a woman, and that man wearing snow goggles who coloured his face in with a texta can both go through'

i think i'd feel pretty pissed off.

MouNtY

....i asked because i went the first time around and auditioned all up we were there for like 8 hours.....and when i got in there i got my turn and i sang "In The Stil Of The Night" and the people even clapped....and then the guy with the presumably fake english accent goes to me "i'm sorry but your just not what we're looking for, the standard has been so high today and you just don't cut it"........and i was there thinkin' "why the hell did you clap for me than"..........but then on my way out of the room and the female judge goes to me "that was excellent" and i was like shut da hell up....i was so mad.......but then i got over it...lol

the point was that this was why i didn't go to this years auditions

..not to note myself.......but damn i think i was a billion times bertter than some of the people who actually got on tv.......dammit..lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)