Anyone have gay parents or know anyone with gay parents? (1 Viewer)

brittannica

HSC
Hey, guys. I’ve been procrastinating about putting this here (and doing my PIP in general) but I’ve finally got my butt in to gear. My topic is about the perceived negative effects on children with same-sex parents and whether those effects come from external influences or within the family. Or something ;) I haven’t decided on the exact wording, but I hope you get the gist of it.
Basically I like making things difficult for myself and chose a topic where I’d have to rely on the internet to get some of my information and I decided I should try asking on here too so as to get the best results possible. So my question is (or rather, questions are), do any of you have gay parents and are willing to answer some questions for me (basically an interview)/know anyone with gay parents who would be at all interested/or know gay parents themselves or those that are gay (or in a homosexual relationship) and are looking to have kids in the future?

If you have any questions or are willing to oblige, I’m contactable in this thread, obviously, or by private message or at my classy email: merrilypipping [at] gmail [dot] com
The 'interview' would be conducted via pm or email.

Thanks for your time!

P.S. Apologies if this doesn’t make 100% sense, 1) it’s 5am 2) my brain turns to mush in the holidays.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Hey, guys. I’ve been procrastinating about putting this here (and doing my PIP in general) but I’ve finally got my butt in to gear. My topic is about the perceived negative effects on children with same-sex parents and whether those effects come from external influences or within the family. Or something ;) I haven’t decided on the exact wording, but I hope you get the gist of it.
Basically I like making things difficult for myself and chose a topic where I’d have to rely on the internet to get some of my information and I decided I should try asking on here too so as to get the best results possible. So my question is (or rather, questions are), do any of you have gay parents and are willing to answer some questions for me (basically an interview)/know anyone with gay parents who would be at all interested/or know gay parents themselves or those that are gay (or in a homosexual relationship) and are looking to have kids in the future?

If you have any questions or are willing to oblige, I’m contactable in this thread, obviously, or by private message or at my classy email: merrilypipping [at] gmail [dot] com
The 'interview' would be conducted via pm or email.

Thanks for your time!

P.S. Apologies if this doesn’t make 100% sense, 1) it’s 5am 2) my brain turns to mush in the holidays.
Just look up things like this:
Gay Parent Network

Seriously, google is your friend.

Also get in contact with queer groups, many of them will be able to help you get in touch with the right people if you go and give them a phone call.

Also, LGBT parents is more precise since 'gay' often carries the connotation of gay male and queer persons don't just comprise homosexuals but also bisexuals and trans persons.

brittannica

HSC
Just look up things like this:
Gay Parent Network

Seriously, google is your friend.

Also get in contact with queer groups, many of them will be able to help you get in touch with the right people if you go and give them a phone call.

Also, LGBT parents is more precise since 'gay' often carries the connotation of gay male and queer persons don't just comprise homosexuals but also bisexuals and trans persons.
Thanks, I have hit up google, the idea of putting this here is for increased exposure (thought I'd give it a try).

And you're right, I should've put LGBTQ :) thanks for your help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)