• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

anyone know of any unis offering extra UAI points??? (1 Viewer)

VLTURBO

HSC
When my sis did her HSC she got 5 extrra UAI pints to go to ACU, does anyone know if this exists at any other unis and how to apply for them?

VLTURBO

HSC
yea i know theres some on regions, but some u have to apply for and go through interviews and submit essays. but i havent heard of any this year

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
UOW offers a "bonus point" scheme if you attended a school relatively near the uni for your HSC, and UWS offers the RET scheme which is *sort* of like what you are aking about - though you might be a bit late to apply for it.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
you get 5 marks added onto your UAI for SCU if you live in the Northern Rivers region. Hop onto their site and see if you're eligible.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
you can also get a principal's reference to get into scu as well.

richz

if u do phys, chem, eng ad, maths ext 1 and ext 2, engineering, IPT etc etc u can get 2 pts taken off the uai cut off mark for that subject, the max no. is 6 pts, check out the uts site

VLTURBO

HSC
xrtzx: i had a look on the site but couldnt find anything about it. can u link me the address?

Skeeta

HSC
yeah theres the RET test for UWS, its about $120 to sit it, and if this mark is higher than ur UAI, you can use this instead

it was relatively pointless for me, because the course i wanted to do at UWS was cancelled, and my UAI was higher than my RET score

theres more conditions but i cant remember what they are

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
The University of Sydney offers a flexible entry scheme, saying this about it:

"This scheme is intended for current HSC applicants whose UAI may fall up to five points below the normal cut-off for entry into certain courses. Applicants who are approved for admission under this scheme must have demonstrated their aptitude for the course of their choice.

"Those faculties which offer admission into their courses under this scheme prescribe certain ways in which applicants can demonstrate this aptitude, such as performance in relevant HSC subjects, participation in Science Olympiads, or through a written submission.

"The criteria for consideration vary between faculties and courses, and not all courses offer flexible entry. UAC applicants may also be required to make an additional application direct to the faculty to be considered for certain courses, but may be considered automatically for other courses."

Sydney Uni also offers special admissions and concessional admissions for other groups of people, namely:
* Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders
* Elite athletes who have had to miss school for training
* multicultural entry scheme (for some health sciences degrees)

(Click links for relevant official info.)
There are some others for rural people. :)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
MQ has something where you submit something about yourself and references and you can get 5 extra points to get in there (I think you need to be engaged in aspects of school life though like leadership)... though I did not hear about it until it was announced at school at 4 girls in my grade got the extra points. You would have to talk to your careers advisor though.. and I'm sure the submission date would be coming up quite soon.

santaslayer

HSC
EAS all da way.
Then use regional thingy.
then use principal's recommendation
then use flexible entry scheme (most unis have this)

i think u can probably shave 10 uai points if u use them all at the same time. i hope they allow u to use multiple schemes at the same time...LoLz. :p

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
Csu gives u 5 fro n ot living in sydney, and early entry as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)