• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Anyone know what is going on with syllabus changes to HSC in next few years? (1 Viewer)

mdonegan

HSC
N/A
HI there,

I know that there are plans to change the HSC syllabusses in several subjects (Science subjects and Maths).

Does anyone know when these changes to the syllabuses are happening?

Any idea what is the earliest year the new syllabusses could be examined? In other words is it safe to say that the HSC exams will follow the current sylabbuses for at least 3 more exam cycles?
Thanks
:lol:

leehuan

HSC
From memory, 2017 prelims = washed

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
I'm hearing that they're moving a lot of 4u, 3u, 2u stuff around (like conics moving down into 3unit, parametrics moving up into 4u)
The Conics topic is being removed if I recall correctly.

leehuan

HSC
It is. Conics is being ERASED.

I'm hearing that they're moving a lot of 4u, 3u, 2u stuff around (like conics moving down into 3unit, parametrics moving up into 4u)
This is counterintuitive. Why would parametrics go up when conics goes down when clearly the parabola is easier to cope with than the ellipse or hyperbola?

Only major movements I know tbh are equations reducible to quadratics going from 2u into 3u, and SHM going from 3u to 4u.
------------------------
Yes, statistics are coming in.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)