• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Anyone studied/studying a PPE degree? (1 Viewer)

mgian2007

HSC
What are your thoughts? Would you say it's worth it? Is there good job prospects?
Also does it depend which University you choose to study it at?

Thanks!

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
What are your thoughts? Would you say it's worth it? Is there good job prospects?
Also does it depend which University you choose to study it at?

Thanks!
I know two people who are currently studying PPE at UNSW (I also did consider it as a choice once upon a time); one is transferring out to Law/Eco and the other is transferring out to Comm/Eco (they both decided on this after one term) especially since they don’t really go into a lot of depth with either of the three (politics, philosophy, eco). If you’re interested in economics, definitely go for an economics or a commerce degree; if you’re interested in all three you’re better off doing an eco/arts double

there’s also not many job prospects for PPE in australia. if you’re interested in economics/business-related fields commerce and eco grads have a higher chance of grabbing those, if you’re interested in joining politics or public policy governance etc etc you’re better off doing a law / arts or a law / eco degree. philosophy just doesn’t have good job prospects all around

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
I know two people who are currently studying PPE at UNSW (I also did consider it as a choice once upon a time); one is transferring out to Law/Eco and the other is transferring out to Comm/Eco (they both decided on this after one term) especially since they don’t really go into a lot of depth with either of the three (politics, philosophy, eco). If you’re interested in economics, definitely go for an economics or a commerce degree; if you’re interested in all three you’re better off doing an eco/arts double

there’s also not many job prospects for PPE in australia. if you’re interested in economics/business-related fields commerce and eco grads have a higher chance of grabbing those, if you’re interested in joining politics or public policy governance etc etc you’re better off doing a law / arts or a law / eco degree. philosophy just doesn’t have good job prospects all around
I know a guy who's doing commerce/philosophy at usyd, but I'm pretty sure he's well aware there are no jobs in philosophy and is just doing it for his passion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)