Anyone thinking of ADFA??? (1 Viewer)

chip

HSC
unless your going for the army the fitness requirments arent that bad and even for the army they are pretty easy

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Just something to remember, if you're doing Engineering/Law/Behavioural Science at any university, you can apply to the defence force to do the whole 'get paid to study' thing for the last three years of uni while still remaining at your civilian university... it's worth having a look at the defence force site to check these things out if you don't make it into adfa or you want to join later on.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Using a gun and being stuck for a number of years doesn't really appeal to me.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Doesn't exactly work like, more like stuck in an office doing legal administration and then walking out with a great pension and a resume and experience which private industry will drool over.

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
Well think about the turbulent world state we are in. Your degree is 4 years say. What if John Howard still wants G Bush's comfort late at night. What'll it mean to you. BANG that's what. Fuck being paid to study .... it wouldn't be worth it if you were fighting terrorists in guerilla combat! Well that's my opinion.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
Originally posted by ~ForAGoodCause~
Hey common it waz HUGE and i mean fukin HUGE

so yeh was right there in front of yer face, couldnt escape it... *shudders*

so u enjoyed it.....!!!!:cool:

chip

HSC
Originally posted by Jumbo Cactuar
Well think about the turbulent world state we are in. Your degree is 4 years say. What if John Howard still wants G Bush's comfort late at night. What'll it mean to you. BANG that's what. Fuck being paid to study .... it wouldn't be worth it if you were fighting terrorists in guerilla combat! Well that's my opinion.
well females arent in frontline combat so it aint that bad for me

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
How does a degree make you eligble to fight front line comabt... it's like saying being taught how to take out a target from 500m with a sniper rifle makes you eligble to work in legal administration or become a pharmacist.

You do what you're qualified to do, and how many office workers in Sydney get shot because they work for the navy....

chip

HSC
yeh ok well seeing i want to be a navigator and i will get paid to study and learn everything before i go off on a cruise ship to get paid mega bucks adfa is an awesome opportunity for me

however i do see that its not everyones idea of fun and also that you can live and die in whatever you do in life

Generator

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Raiks
Doesn't exactly work like, more like stuck in an office doing legal administration and then walking out with a great pension and a resume and experience which private industry will drool over.

Why? You can just as easily get experience that is equal to or greater than the military within the civil realm.

But my point about being stuck was to do with having to be in the Army (or another) for a certain number of years after finishing at ADFA. What if I wanted to go and travel through Europe for a year or two right after I have finished my degree? If I were to undertake a degree at ADFA, by the time that I would finish the mandatory service I could in all likelihood have an emerging family to think of.

I like my freedom (even if it is to do nothing, it is still my choice).

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Hey, for the Air Force, just how hard is the fitness test to pass? I'm not overly unfit; I play sport on weekends (and train at least once during the week) but now that the season's over I don't... But I was told it's that horrible shuttle test thingie.. How high are you suppose to go?

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Only 6.5 for the shuttle test... So it's no overly hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)