Anyone wanna do Eco @ Syd? (1 Viewer)

B

Bambul

I'm doing a BEc at UNSW at the moment. So I guess that's a no.

I'm trying really hard to resist the urge to not make a bad comment about USyd. Can't...hold...it...in... :mad:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
It's one of my preferences, 4th i think
I put Economics/Arts as my second preference, @ UNSW

B

Bambul

I go to UNSW, so by definition anyone who goes to USyd becomes my mortal enemy. :D

I can understand if people want to go to Usyd for Economics or Commerce...if they didn't make it into UNSW, since the cut-off is higher, obviously because all the smart people want to go to UNSW. :rolleyes:

I general though, it is almost impossible to judge one uni above another one. Its possible to do at the faculty or school level, but at the uni level it is just to complicated to do it.

ShirLz

ummz i think the uai this is yr for eco is the same or usyd's is higher - one of them :p unsw has too many stairssss n usyd allows me to do eco w/ a social sciences focus - i wanna do b laws/ b economics [social sciences]

plannin on gettin into eco n then either transferrin or doin grad law - we shaall see :D

B

Bambul

Your right about the stairs!

But it means you don't have to go to the gym, just walk aimlessly between upper and lower campus - easy to do if you lose your map of uni!

I also think that now is a good time to compare the Quad at UNSW to the one at USyd. The UNSW one is bigger than the USyd one, which makes it the biggest one in the Southern Hemisphere (general rule of thumb - if both UNSW and USyd compete over the size of something, the larger will be the largest in the Southern Hemisphere). Of course the downside of the UNSW Quad is that it only has three sides and no gargoyles. A small price to pay, I say! :D

ShirLz

Bambul, when i went to UNSW on open day, they had solar car racing on in the quad - THE WHOLE FREAKIN DAY....whereas usyd had this really funky band :D i know it means nuthin, but that kinda summed up mah day at unsw :p u're rite bout not goin to the dym though..muscles i didn't know i had ached, n the most heartbreakin thing was when we reached somewhere n realised we had to go to the other end of the campus :rolleyes:

B

Bambul

Hey, don't knock the solar cars, they are a part of our nerdy heratige!

Just you wait until the world runs out of oil and all us UNSW people are using solar power cars to get around everywhere. Then we'll see who has the last laugh! :p

kaseita

I'm juggling ecos/law with comm/law, unsure whether unsw, or usyd. I'm figuring usyd at the moment, since its closer, but I've still got to decide.
All my uni friends are spamming me from both sides hehe, so I'm not sure :confused:

uai requirement is higher at syd, than nsw, but It might change this year, who knows...

Elspeth

ME!!!! I'm planning on doing B Eco at Sydney! Haha, I've found someone who is also :) People are like "But why do Eco when you can do Commerce?", and it's like: "well, not because it has the lowest UAI cutoff, but because I actually want to...." People cannot seem to come to grips with it. Go figure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)