• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

anyone work for blockbuster (1 Viewer)

wevil

fuck u dicks i have left
HSC
N/A
hey i was wondering if anyone here works at blockbuster. If they do they how did they get in. last march i sent in 3 resume 2 three blockbuster stores after they told me there was no positions. they havent replied so im sure they chucked it out

scoby_2000

HSC
i work at blockbuster in mosman

i handed in a resume and yea...got the job

been working there for about 1 1/2 years now

P

pLuvia

what do you actually do there, when there are no customers. And how much do you get paid, is it worth working there? and what are the benefits

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
scoby_2000 said:
i work at blockbuster in mosman

i handed in a resume and yea...got the job

been working there for about 1 1/2 years now
is it true you have sales targets? i know someone who works at blockbuster and they have sales targets for coke and popcorn. if they dont sell enough they get the boot.

scoby_2000

HSC
yea we have sales targets but there not that great

its normally 1-3 upsells a night (e.g. hey do you want a coke with that....yes please....awesome....1 done :D) but yea

i get paid $10.05 a hour (im 17, it goes up every year to 21 which is like $17 or something) and yea

i love working at blockbuster coz i just love film i get preety much as many films as i like (officially 5 a week but...) and 15% off retail (but umm....kinda more sometimes :D:D:D)

another thing i love about working there is that we get preview tapes...e.g. we just got downfall and sin city and stuf...there really cool coz u can see stuff that is practically still at the movies! :D

i love my job! (i miss it at the moment coz im doing trials!!! :(:(:(:)

mrsbungle3

HSC
I want to work there, but I was wondering if they make you take a drug test or not?

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
oh yea bungle, they make your blood sample before they even begin with the questions. cops will be at the scene and if you're caught, you are a goner.

i have a few mates who work at blockbuster. as far as i can see, they just sit on their ass and watch the dvds, whilst getting paid. they get something on average 5 people an hr, which is hardly work at all. so if you love a bludgy job, then go for it.

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i have a friend who works at a video shop (not blockbuster) and yeah it seems like a bludge although she has to operate the shop on her own and do all the filing away of the videos and the cash handling and the cleaning and etc by herself so i guess its not so much for her. but if you work with other people i'd say its pretty easy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)