• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ANZ Service! (1 Viewer)

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
So, MJ and I have recently just opened some new accounts with ANZ after failing to continue to feel happy about being abused by the Commonwealth. Yes, I'm in a particularly sarcastic mood.

Anyway, so we've had to talk to a few people to open this account (which was somewhat surprising, compared to many other banks offering online applications for their bank accounts). The girl at the bank spent about 60 minutes with us, from 4:30-5:30ish, to open our combined 4 accounts, despite closing at 4pm.

So, today, I received my lovely little shiny blue and silver eftpos card. Stuck to the front is a high-gloss, sticker, asking me to call up ANZ and tell them I've received the card. With the presumption that I'd call up and talk to an automated system, I called at about 7pm. One ring later, I was surprised with just how realistic the automated voice was. It wasn't until they asked what they could do for me tonight, that I realised it wasn't a computer (doesn't say much for her use of inflection, I suppose).

I tell them that I want to acknowledge the receipt of my card. She asks me my name, my birthdate, and my card number... she then confirms I'm still a student, and asks me what I'm studying. Tells me that that's really interesting -- she's currently doing a PhD in educational psychology, and has done a bachelor of science and loved it. Then, she asked if I was going to apply psychology to my business career. I told her I hoped to, and momentarily wondered what on earth this had to do with my banking.

After a few more minutes of friendly chatting, I was even suspicious that I'd dialed a wrong number, and someone was collecting information about me for a wonderful identity theft debacle. Alas, she got back to the topic. I was told that if she could ask me some quick questions, she might be able to give me a "special benefit". Curious, I said I'd like that. She then asked me where I work, and I replied a consumer electronics store. How many hours do I work there? Oh, about 8 each week.

"Oh", she said, suddenly losing her enthusiasm. "Okay. Well, Mr Cohen, thankyou for acknowledging the receipt of your card. Is ther anyting else I can do for you tonight?"....I asked what the special benefits were -- she'd have offered me a credit card if I had an income above $15,000 (she could have just asked).

So, all in all I was relieved the 'special benefit' was strictly a banking thing, and I wasn't going to be offered her phone number or anything. I was shocked at just how friendly they were (except for her slight despondeny when she realised she couldn't get a commission out of signing me for a credit card)... suspiciously so.

So I just thought, because I love you all, that I should tell you. Have a nice night! :D

doe

HSC
N/A
i was with anz ... enjoy having consistently overcrowded branches and no atms :p

you totally shouldve asked for her number.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Skittled said:
"Oh", she said, suddenly losing her enthusiasm. "Okay. Well, Mr Cohen, thankyou for acknowledging the receipt of your card. Is ther anyting else I can do for you tonight?"....I asked what the special benefits were -- she'd have offered me a credit card if I had an income above $15,000 (she could have just asked).
Yes ANZ are the bomb!...they even gave me a free piggy bank when i switched from progress saver to the acess accountt !

BTW, you dont really need to earn more than 15k to get the ANZ FIRST credit card...lol...

i applied for it online, and just "ticked" the box that said "Please check if you earn more than 15k p.a"....then u gotta go pick it up..identify urself...sign something..then ur off....woohoo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)