AOS: Creative writing [Advice line answer] (1 Viewer)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
I just called because i was doing a journeys question about writing a diary about going on a journey away from school for a term or something and i wrote about going to croatia.. in particular going to medugorje (where mary appeared.. miracles occured etc) and being more of an inner and spiritual journey.
I was wondering if it was ok in the hsc to use the croatian accents on words because thats just how i tend to write them, it doesnt really look much different anyway and she said to try and use the english way of spelling.. then she proceeded to tell me about how its good when people write something in depth about their culture because many of the stories are pretty much the same in creative writing and it gets a bit boring marking them all, but if a marker comes along and sees a story and ends up learning about a culture they didnt know much about its alot more interesting [putting the marker in a good mood is always a bonus]. So yeh thats just a tip if we get a question specifically saying that you went somewhere physically.. dont forget your culture :) or any which you know about in depth

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
im monika.. kimmy has issues with spelling my name :p
but yeh i thought that was really useful its given some of my friends a new approach to creative writing so yeh hope it helps others

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
yeah thanks for that...in the past I have usually written about journeys to Chile but I wasn't planning on doing it in the HSC cos I thought it might be a bit cliched...I'll definitely keep it on the cards now! :)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
yeh and try and give specific detail.. like names of museums.. churches.. sculptures.. etc (its not that hard to lookup a tourism site or something now) it gives a level of sophistication.. :)
good luck all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)