Appealing your HSC results (1 Viewer)

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
Just wanted to know, is there any other way of appealing your HSC results other than clerical recheck that is being discussed frequently? If so, when and how can you do it?
I myself have grudge about a couple of my marks (SOR I, Modern History) and a friend of mine got 91 for assessment and 73 for exam in Chemistry.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
sydneyphoenix said:
Just wanted to know, is there any other way of appealing your HSC results other than clerical recheck that is being discussed frequently? If so, when and how can you do it?
I myself have grudge about a couple of my marks (SOR I, Modern History) and a friend of mine got 91 for assessment and 73 for exam in Chemistry.

hey
was he ranked first?

if you are ranked first in a subject - your assessment mark will be the HIGHEST exam mark achieved in your school.

So maybe although ur friend was first, he wasn't really a strong candidate - however an individual in his school studied heaps for the hsc and got an exam mark of 91 - so your friend got his exam mark as his assessment mark (probably not deserved - that is if ur friend did the same amount of studies etc.)

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
It's a girl. And no, she wasn't ranked first, I think equal second or something.
But your reply makes sense, I always wondered how I've got 93 for both assessment and exam in IPT last year, but if I topped both exam and assessment, it makes it obvious that I should get the same mark.
And it also means that someone beat me in Modern History Exam, though not in overall HSC mark.
Thanks for your enlightninig information.

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
It's a weird system but that's the way it works.

As they say- you'll want to go good in your trials, and you'll want your school to go well in the HSC.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
sydneyphoenix said:
It's a girl. And no, she wasn't ranked first, I think equal second or something.
But your reply makes sense, I always wondered how I've got 93 for both assessment and exam in IPT last year, but if I topped both exam and assessment, it makes it obvious that I should get the same mark.
And it also means that someone beat me in Modern History Exam, though not in overall HSC mark.
Thanks for your enlightninig information.
what was the mark for the person who came second then?

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
You mean my friend on her chemistry, or mine in history or IPT?
I dont know about hers for sure...
Modern history: Two people behind me in equal second with 1 mark off me
IPT: Don't know for sure, but I suspect at least 10 raw mark-based on assessment weighting-behind

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
Can anyone give answer to my original question, as to whether there's another way of appealing your HSC results other than clerical recheck?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
sydneyphoenix said:
Can anyone give answer to my original question, as to whether there's another way of appealing your HSC results other than clerical recheck?
The only way is to convince your principal that your mark is anomalous and to have him or her appeal to the Board on your behalf.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
I dunno about appeals, but when u ask for recounts, it's bloody stoopid. All they do is find all your papers, do the addition again, and give you the mark they got before (unless they were EXTREMELY crappy at addition). There is NO REMARKING whatsoever.

...well, that's what my Chemistry head-teacher told me. Honya?

:DP_D

freaked

HSC
haboozin said:
hey
was he ranked first?

if you are ranked first in a subject - your assessment mark will be the HIGHEST exam mark achieved in your school.

So maybe although ur friend was first, he wasn't really a strong candidate - however an individual in his school studied heaps for the hsc and got an exam mark of 91 - so your friend got his exam mark as his assessment mark (probably not deserved - that is if ur friend did the same amount of studies etc.)

Hey,

Just some questions so I can try and get this straight in my head.

If a person is ranked 1st in there class, but is done so because of favouratism, and they do not do well in the exam they still recieve the highest mark?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
freaked said:
If a person is ranked 1st in there class, but is done so because of favouratism
What do you mean "done so because of favouratism"? How can an assessment mark be given because of favouritism it is pure fact as their different assessments, assignments, tests etc determine this mark. The only point you may be trying to make is that these were marked unfair; well I am sure your school like most has a system in place for appealing marks etc.

* Favouritism = is spelt favouritism.

freaked

HSC
I'm not trying to bitch.
I'm asking that even if someone undeservedly gets 1st place in the school (given extra marks by the teacher so that they were put into first place) they will get the highest assessment mark, even if they don’t do so well in the exam

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
Lazarus said:
The only way is to convince your principal that your mark is anomalous and to have him or her appeal to the Board on your behalf.
Thanks for the response. I guess I have no chance of that route thou, our principal is such an...unconventional sort, no excuse is good enough as far as she is concerned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)