Appeals (2 Viewers)

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
How many people applied for appeals and why? and what exams

I applied for one for all of my exams except bio. I injured my hand and it slowed my writting heaps and really hurt for ancient so I had to stop writting- I fifished it but I could also of added more from my head but my hand wouldnt work to write it.

tennille

HSC
Nope, I didn't apply. I should have though :p. Every now and then the supervisors talked and it was quite distracting

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
can you use that as an appeal? you have to get the superviser to write on it as well to make it legit. I dont think they would

tennille

HSC
I'm only joking. There has to be a legitimate reason for it, like yours. :p

definingemo

bonnells bay....but i say i live in newcastle
HSC
N/A
my friend and i are appealing for the geography exam as we have been hindered in our learning of geo as our teacher was away for 2 months ( in hospital) and we had the worst prac teacher...
all he did was clip out articles he found in all the newspapers he recieves and share them with us...and he would also talk about how great his new mp3 player is...grr
we missed a whole topic...world cities...and missed part of urban dynamics.

when our teacher came back she was way annoyed and so were we...hmmm...grrr

all this did not "appeal" to us so we shall be appealing to them.right.

budj

HSC
Well, following the above, I should be able to appeal for Extension 2 maths, chemistry and biology

Paroissien

HSC
That isn't in the rules of the HSC though. Correct me if I'm wrong

budj

HSC
I wonder how many people write back asking for the HSC exam to be remarked?

mishka

HSC
N/A
i've already explained about 2 people who i know who were sick. one had glandular fever and the other was diagnosed with it and ended up in hospital.

i think it's a rule that you can't claim misadventure on the basis of poor tutoring. i read that somewhere...

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
You can, but it depends on the circumastances. If the teacher was away sick and you had a sub who accidently taught you the wrong topic, you could appeal that. But as for lousy teaching... I dont think they are appeal grounds.

beccabum

hung up
in the outer suburbs of the middle of nowhere
HSC
I doubt you could appeal poor teaching, because the BOS would say that you could have accessed textbooks, tutors, other teachers for help, etc. I was going to appeal for the day when I had two 3hr exams, coz in the second one I was feeling really sick. The supervisor put in her notes that I was feeling a bit dizzy, cramped and tired but it wasn't enough to need to see a doctor, so therefore there is nothing i can do. Of course I get sick now, when I can't use it as an excuse - sore throat, lethargy, headaches, sore eyes. It would have been more useful two weeks ago, damn immune system! Why so good then and not now?

mgmgmg87

Could you apply foe one if you weren't taught the practical for the bio exam. The whole class had to make up one?

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
i was going to for the english paper ASO but then now im too lazy to hand it in :p

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
ha I was almost too lazy to hand mine in but my Curriculum co-ordinator tracked me down and made me do it :p

iamsickofyear12

HSC
If you could appeal for lousy teachers 100% of the state would be appealing and it would take 15 years for the results to finally come out. I would say of my 5 subjects I was taught correctly in one of them.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
If you could appeal for lousy teachers 100% of the state would be appealing and it would take 15 years for the results to finally come out. I would say of my 5 subjects I was taught correctly in one of them.
toshey.,....

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I appealed in Maths Ext1, not because it was hard as hell, but because my nose was running like hell.

I tried holding my question paper up so I won't have to look down (resulting in a stream of sticky stuff) but a supervisor warned that I looked "suspicious" and demanded I keep all documents flat on the table... how wonderful for me.
My concentration and speed were signficantly hampered, and I hope my appeal would drag me over the pass mark of 50%.

..:MizJay:..

Super Supre Member
HSC
i appealed all my courses due to illness.. im not expecting extra marks but the bos will understand my lack of attendance

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)