Applying for cadetship and doing full time studies (1 Viewer)

taz2006

HSC
N/A
1st: how do i apply for cadetship in the big4 firms?
2nd: can i study full time doing cadetship? i wanna do atleast 3 units a semester

thanx

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
1st: Big 4 firms you apply online. It wont be open until next year sometime, about the time of your half yearly exams if I remember correctly (assuming your doing Year 12 next year).

2nd: Yes you can.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Unless you are really motivated, I wouldn't try doing more than 2 units a semester while doing your cadetship full-time (unless they give you more time off). I suppose you could always try it for a semester and see how you go, but full time working is quite tiring (especially if you're just starting out) and doing 3 subjects on top of that can be a big challenge.

taz2006

HSC
N/A
is there any part time cadetships available? like say 15-25 hours?

btw i'm gonna b in 2nd yr uni next year

konstantine'

HSC
Not sure what you mean by 'part time cadetship' but with some firms, they offer you a mix of part time work/ full time study and full time work/part time study.

taz2006

HSC
N/A
cool yah i wanna do part time work n full time studies. if i wanted to become a CA would the ICAA approve 3 yrs of part time work as their required practical work experience program?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
If your work is with a CA accredited firm and your work experience is mentored by someone who has their CA, then it should count towards your experience.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
1. Around April/May firms will start sending out advertising/information packages to schools, and there will also be the ICAA's function where you meet alot of people from the firms and can ask questions/etc... Applications are usually due mid-June (note: this can vary so keep checking the various firm websites) and as mentioned above, are usually done online.

2. It's possible but not recommended as even with just 2 subjects; if you want to maintain your focus on work, it's extremely difficult to excel in work and study. I'd also recommend you take the first semester slow just so you can settle in, and if you feel comfortable, maybe in your second semester you consider an extra subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)