• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Applying for Uni (1 Viewer)

zaqwerty

HSC
So when should we apply?

Do you apply before or after you recieve your UAI?

I don't really understand the system...

HSC
well apparently the uac guide has only just been released, i daresay that the information you need will be given to you very soon.

but you apply before through uac, either online or by phone, you put in your preferences from 1-9 and this has to be done by late september and then after you get your uai you can change your preferences again. its real flexible so yeah. anyways eventually you will receive an offer from one of your preferences (assuming you made it) and then they tell you what to do regarding enrolment into uni.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
*nods*

You can apply from any time within registrations open. You get all the details/information you need.

You can change your preferences before/after your UAI although they do have restrictions, something like preference changes have to be done before a certain date time, before a round commences.

Your best off doing your preferences the courses you want in the EXACT order you want no matter if you think you will get that UAI or not. Because well you never know how many people will apply, how the UAI for the course might lower or higher, what your UAI will be etc etc.

A lot of people get caught out that way so be warned put in order what you want to do no matter what. Because if you don't get your 1st preferences they will go to your second, third and so on.

:) Happy deciding.

Otherwise go read up on the UAC website I am sure they have all the rules/procedures up there somewhere.

ordnaiv

Ethereal
HSC
did you guys get your UAC Books yet? We received ours yesterday but I had to get mine today since I was away yesterday for the UMAT. Anyways have fun with ur applications! :p

-pari-

HSC
N/A
one question....

suppose you're eligible for all your courses, as in UAI-wise etc,

are you then limited to doing your first preference?

say you get the highest UAI you require but change your mind and want to do your second preference instead of your first.....will they allow that?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
-pari- said:
one question....

suppose you're eligible for all your courses, as in UAI-wise etc,

are you then limited to doing your first preference?

say you get the highest UAI you require but change your mind and want to do your second preference instead of your first.....will they allow that?
if you have the required UAI for all of the courses you have applied then they will give you your first preference no matter what. If you suddenly change your mind, and its too late to change it for the main round, then apply during the late round, but then the UAI usually goes right up and thats if they had any vacancies left from the main round, which is why you should think carefully about which course youw ant to do right up to the closing of main round preferences.

Sad Statue

Banned
HSC
Why must they give the overly vague date of 'early August 2007' for applications opening? 'Tis very annoying.

HSC
ordnaiv said:
did you guys get your UAC Books yet? We received ours yesterday but I had to get mine today since I was away yesterday for the UMAT. Anyways have fun with ur applications! :p
Nah, we haven't got ours yet. Oh, I'm not sure what I want to do... :( It should be an interesting read though.
zangetsu.xo said:
hopefully the uai for my course goes down
*crosses fingers, toes, eyes, and braids hair*
Hahaha, braids hair. :p

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
zangetsu.xo said:
hopefully the uai for my course goes down
*crosses fingers, toes, eyes, and braids hair*
haha i`ll do the same.
minus the hair-braiding :D

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Don't braid hair while stressed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)