• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Applying through UAC. Assistance needed. (1 Viewer)

SFinspired

HSC
Hey guys,

I've recently completed a diploma level certificate and in the process of applying for Tertiary Education. I've been to the UAC site but I am a little confused with all the dates.

Can someone please lead my in the right direction on which date is the latest to apply?

Thanks

Andi0390

HSC
I'm pretty sure you can apply right up until January but the longer you put it of the higher the fees and the more offer rounds you miss. I would apply ASAP.

Otacon2009

HSC
I lodged an application for UAC towards the end of August and the first offers are being made this Thursday (October 29). Do early round offers work on a FIFO (First in First Out) basis or do they do specific groups (For example, the October offers are for undergrads wanting to transfer, November offer intake is for those who missed etc.) or is it randomnised?

But to help you out, what you do is that you apply as a non year 12 applicant. Somewhere during the application process it will ask if you had any formal qualifications. You simply put what you have so far and after you complete the process, you will be asked by UAC for (among other things) proof of qualifications. I would recommend that you order true copies for the sake of garaunteeing admissibility. And yes, it's better to do it now than later otherwise you miss early round offers and decreases the chance of getting what you want.

Andi0390

HSC
I lodged an application for UAC towards the end of August and the first offers are being made this Thursday (October 29). Do early round offers work on a FIFO (First in First Out) basis or do they do specific groups (For example, the October offers are for undergrads wanting to transfer, November offer intake is for those who missed etc.) or is it randomnised?

Pretty much all of the offers are made in the main round, which is in usually around January 15th.

Its not first in first served. Most applicants do not receive their qualifications/marks until after November or December - such as ATAR, university transcripts and other qualifications. Offers will not be made until these are available. The early round are often based on previous qualifications. For example I applied through QTAC with my UAI from 2008 and semester 1 of university studies. Because I was not waiting on any results I got an offer in the October round because my UAI was clearly in for the course I want. Basically there are a certain amount of spots offered, and the people who bust satisfy the selection criteria at that point get the offers.

If you are going of already supplied qualifications, and you are clearly fulfill admission requirements you may get an offer early. Most offers come out in the main round and offers in the late round are often for people who did not get the cutoff but are still being let in because of enough places.

Offer rounds generally are not for any specific group of people, transfers, mature age etc. all usually come out of the main round.

SFinspired

HSC
Hey Andi and Otacon,

thanks for all the info. Helped me a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)